Our 1988 K5 Blazer Show winner

Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Our 1988 K5 Blazer Show winner

This is a project my son and I bought. It's kind of weird, we looked on Racing Junk for a project prostreet/drag car for forever it seemed and wound up buying this instead off of Ebay...Oh well, it wasn't exactly what we wanted but the investment is paying off.......two show wins in the stock pickup category....

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

That is a really nice Blazer you have there. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

One more photo...........
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

NICE TRUCK. :wink: .....I HAD AND 85 WHEN IT WAS NEW.....I FEEL SO OLD NOW :cry:
Old 10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

That thing is clean. You can sure tell I never drove it.
Trucks are always pretty cool for kids. I'm sure he likes it.
Tip, do not let him take it ridding on the weekends. I know where I would have taken it! !
Old 10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
That thing is clean. You can sure tell I never drove it.
Trucks are always pretty cool for kids. I'm sure he likes it.
Tip, do not let him take it ridding on the weekends. I know where I would have taken it! !
He drives it to high school every day but it stays shut up in the garage when he's not at school. Ever since he won the first show he won't even drive it on the weekends. He gets my pickup or my wife's car. He found the mailbox with it a couple of weeks ago and he put a real deep scratch and a small dent in the right front fender......We were going to have it repainted anyway because the paint job is a mask and shoot deal........we are going to have it done in a about a month and have it completely disassembled externally and painted and change out all the external pieces while we are at it........We are going to park it in May and get him a high gas mileage car for college.....I'm hoping we can sell it at some point and buy an 11.00 notchback mustang....
Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

You know it is too bad that I am working out of country and I dont have my shop up. I would give you a good deal on a fresh paintjob. BTW I am just curious as to where you live??
Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ogles- man that thing is a time capsule. Seriously... you do not see them that nice anymore. Nice Blazer!!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
You know it is too bad that I am working out of country and I dont have my shop up. I would give you a good deal on a fresh paintjob. BTW I am just curious as to where you live??
Cooper, TX
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Ogles- man that thing is a time capsule. Seriously... you do not see them that nice anymore. Nice Blazer!!
What's really cool about it is it was undercoated when it was new. We cleaned it up and it looks just like it rolled off the assembly line on the under side. Absolutely ZERO rust. I have paper work that shows where it was bought brand new in South Carolina. I figured that being a coastal state it would have rust. The engine bay is awesome as well. The motor was replaced and everything including all of the correct stickers were put back new. It literally looks like it just rolled off the assembly line under the hood. It has the A.I.R. emissions system with the air pump like the early smog systems and that is even like new. A/C system is new too. It has the correct jack and lug wrench and that is all in its proper place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -