Dzus

Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 PM
maco
SHOW GUEST

Default Dzus

Hello! I just got a cowl hood from vfn fiberglass it is the light race weight hood, I would like to get some opions on what dzus fasteners to use, the large head or small head, I never installed them before and do not know which one's to order? Just wondering if one size works out better, Any installation tips would also be helpful, thank you guys i really got a lot of useful information on this forum while building my pro street vega. Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I know this is probably not the normal answer your gonna get, but I like the small one better. I have both on my front clip and the small one you can fit a screwdriver in it and it fits real tight and never slips out. The large one I have had a screwdriver slip out and scratch the schitte out of the paint. I do have one of the Dzus drivers, but it will slip out pretty easy too. If you're in a hurry you'll grab the first thing you can find in the tool box that will fit.
The one big advantage to the large one is the plate does cover more area and if it's a thin piece of fiberglass it may help keep it from cracking.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

X2