The way I operate in a deal....

Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 PM
beagle9
APPRENTICE

Default The way I operate in a deal....

First I make sure the product it is something I can reach by driving to it (or) flying out to it, and then I make sure I am not inconvienenced by the trip if were to take it when I am ready, and then I make sure it is something I really want before even considering a trip anywhere, and then I figure it is always best to come face to face with who it is that I am buying from.

This will stop most if not all scammers when tell them you are on the way out to them, and will ultimately determin the buy, condition etc. when arive on the scene, and also with a friend if at all possible of course.

People will work this internet for all that it is worth I think, especially if one does not do the right thing as is being read here.

I had a friend get stiffed on a set of headers recently, where as the claim was that the headers would fit a fox body mustang (long tube headers) and the add stated also the year for the application of, in which was the year of my friends Mustang, but they didnot fit. Once my friend got to checking on the deal or why they didnot fit, these headers were for a different application altogether, in which I think the seller had found this out also, but then decided to unload them on the next victim he could find. My friend ate them, because he didnot do his research properly, and could have saved himself some grief by knowing the difference in the applications of headers for that Mustang.

I drove to Ocala Florida from South Carolina, and traded a vehicle for a another once, all courtesy of this site, and it all went well in the deal.

Be smart people, and do your homework, and then do your drive out before buying if at all possible, or make sure that you are smart in a deal when ordering any part off line, and of anysort just as well.

beagle
Old 09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: :? :?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:13 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default if i was broken into

if i was broken into they may bring me donations!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default SUBJECT

?
Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I agree. I have to be up at 7 am to catch a flight to California to pick up a center cap for the POS wheels on my Nova. No way am I sending them $18 of my hard earned dough through the mail or internet.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Tod, at the risk of keeping you up late, I hope I don't cause you to miss your flight. But inquiring minds want to know. Are those "CENTERLINE" wheels?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:29 AM
beagle9
APPRENTICE

Default To seperate my comments out is the best solution here.

Originally Posted by Tod74
I agree. I have to be up at 7 am to catch a flight to California to pick up a center cap for the POS wheels on my Nova. No way am I sending them $18 of my hard earned dough through the mail or internet.
I know this comment was meant to be sarcastic by you (not helpful), but what I was saying is this in affect, if you all are going to buy something big like a car or something of huge value, then you had best get ready to fly or drive out before purchasing, and if you all are buying something like a part or something of smaller value on line, then it is best to do your homework before ordering as best one can. I just don't want to see anyone end up like some on this site, in which claim that they had ended up with deals gone wrong, or like my friend who ordered something from a person, who was out to stiff the next guy who came along, due to him getting stiffed himself. I e-mailed the seller for him, but never got a reply back, but it's all cool... I still think this site is the coolest and neatest site to use and/or research for great deals on stuff...

Correction on the ordering part of my original comment. It was suppose to say if ordering "on line" instead of "offline".

beagle 8)
Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: To seperate my comments out is the best solution here.

Originally Posted by beagle9
I know this comment was meant to be sarcastic by you (not helpful), but what I was saying is this in affect, if you all are going to buy something big like a car or something of huge value, then you had best get ready to fly or drive out before purchasing, and if you all are buying something like a part or something of smaller value on line, then it is best to do your homework before ordering as best one can. I just don't want to see anyone end up like some on this site, in which claim that they had ended up with deals gone wrong, or like my friend who ordered something from a person, who was out to stiff the next guy who came along, due to him getting stiffed himself. I e-mailed the seller for him, but never got a reply back, but it's all cool... I still think this site is the coolest and neatest site to use and/or research for great deals on stuff...

Correction on the ordering part of my original comment. It was suppose to say if ordering "on line" instead of "offline".

beagle 8)
Kinda curious. Why not pay for a professional inspection if its a vehicle? Why fly when you can likely have it professionally gone through for less?

If you are worried about the cash transaction then look into an escrow service, and delivery can easily be handled by DAS Autoshippers, who do a great job and are price competitive.

You don't need to fly in or drive to a vehicle unless its in a reasonable radius and cost effective. And by cost effective, include the cost of your time as well.

Deals have been going wrong since the beginning of time, the Web just makes it a bit easier to get taken.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:44 AM
beagle9
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Why did it have to be a question ??

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
WTF

Is this the ultimate answer to the un-asked question? :roll:
I was just speaking about a deal gone wrong with my friend, and also telling about a deal gone right for me on RJ.com..

Are you some kind of moderator on this forum or site ? :?:

beagle
Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 AM
beagle9
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Yes, doing ones homework in anyway possible,

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by beagle9

beagle 8)
Kinda curious. Why not pay for a professional inspection if its a vehicle? Why fly when you can likely have it professionally gone through for less?

If you are worried about the cash transaction then look into an escrow service, and delivery can easily be handled by DAS Autoshippers, who do a great job and are price competitive.

You don't need to fly in or drive to a vehicle unless its in a reasonable radius and cost effective. And by cost effective, include the cost of your time as well.

Deals have been going wrong since the beginning of time, the Web just makes it a bit easier to get taken.
(is defintely the best, but warnings and actuall accounts of deals gone bad or wrong, are also great to review as well in the homework process)..

Good advice for those who may not know as much.. Thanks

beagle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -