Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Educate me

Educate me

I'm a new found musclehead and im trying to learn the tricks of the trade and i'm wondering how to start getting all the parts and how everything works on a muscle car.... I already got a car i want... 1978 El Camino , or a new Pontiac El Camino 2010, Suped up with chevy stuff.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I don't understand what it is you are asking, but welcome to the forum.Bunch of good people here.

Welcome to the forum and please post a picture of the Pontiac 2010 El Camero, i've never seen one. Although i do have a pretty nice 1979 El Camino.

Zip.

Thanks guys i am sorry i might have worded my quesiton wrong. I want to know how to start learning how every part in a muscle car works? Just tinker around with my car for a while and figure it out like that or get somebooks and study up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnyte
    Thanks guys i am sorry i might have worded my quesiton wrong. I want to know how to start learning how every part in a muscle car works? Just tinker around with my car for a while and figure it out like that or get somebooks and study up?
    whew!! glad to hear you worded that wrong, my small brain almost went into overload, trying to get a grip on that one.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar
    Do you have any friends that have knowledge of automobiles? Maybe they will give you some info. Can you take an automotives class at a local community college? Go out to the nearest dragstrip and walk around the pits and ask a few questions. Most drag racers will answer a few questions to help you out. Your post is pretty vague as to your knowledge level so it is hard to direct you in a particular direction.

Start taking every nut and bolt off your hotrod, and dont stop for about two days. Thats the fun part, then put it back together. The more you do it, the more you will learn where those extra pieces went.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Obtain a real good repair manual for the vehicle of your attentions.
    Don't forget to bag'n'tag ! Pics of disassembly sequence helps as well. I've been bending wrenches for 45+ years and still take pics of unfamiliar operations I undertake. LOVE modern digital cameras
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Set fire to your paycheck next week. That will prepare you mentally for the things to come.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    Pontiac el camino :?:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******