Thread: To burn or not to burn?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

To burn or not to burn?

Sure hope there are no repercushions for our ladies & men in uniform if the Quran burning happens Saturday. What are your guys take on this????
    Should they back off and not do it?Many American flags and Bibles are destroyed daily by other religions

old news

he already changed his mind about burning them this afternoon. That is canceled as of now. Probably had a few threats on his life I would guess.
    Bruce

Re: old news

Quote Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
    he already changed his mind about burning them this afternoon. That is canceled as of now. Probably had a few threats on his life I would guess.
    Bruce
    As soon as i posted went back to MSN and saw he changed his mind. Not sure why but i am always a day late and a dollar short...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I wouldn't burn a koran. Just like I wouldn't burn a christian, jewish, hindu or other religous item. Lumping all muslims in one group is like saying all christians are like the Westboro Baptist idiots.

If the people in this church in Florida really want to show muslims how much they hate them and that they aren't going to take it anymore, give them a rifle and send them to Afganistan to fight. I bet none of them would do that. It was just a publicity stunt.

well stated slomo, i found it hard to understand, that kind of thing coming from a man of god.

the news media and our public officials should not be giving this crack pot and his 50 moron followers any attention.....he's just a crazy pesty fly. :roll:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Doing something like that in public is gonna cause more harm than good. Not only is it gonna create problems for him, but most of the people in that church weather they agree with / take part in it or not.
    I know I sure get ticked off when I see someone burn an American flag.

DITTO, rabbit.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Just as with the WTC mosque, it is their RIGHT to do as the wish, HOWEVER it is NOT SMART nor RESPECTFUL on many levels to do so......I would die to protect their RIGHTS...but NOT respect their decision to do so.
    God Bless America and her people.....
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Yep, many good thoughts on this one. I am troubled over it... but it would not be Christian to burn the Koran either. I am pretty sure that pastor was convicted in his heart that an eye for an eye act is not the answer on this one... the Mosque being there is disrespectful to all the families who lost loved ones that day. It seems unnecessary to build it there... hard to swallow that one.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"