View Poll Results: if one car is allowed to run a certain ignition system, shouldnt all cars
no
0%
yes
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

car set up help please

Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
JBRI
SHOW GUEST

Default car set up help please

i have an 83-84 old cutlass that i am building as a left hand, high banked car. this is the first car that i have built entirely on my own and i still know little about building race cars. my rules package is very restrictive, averything must remain stock, but then the promoter is talking about putting in to short of shocks is the left rear and stuff like that but they wont let my ford car run an hei distributor because it didnt come stock on fords. what i need is information pertaining to the building and base setup of the car that i can keep motor components stock and still compete. i so desperatly long to show these ignorant a@# holes who write the rules for an economic stock class that favors a peticular brand of car like chevy, that they dont know what they are talking about for more info on the rules and how rediculous they are go to www.dodgecityraceway.com and look for the thundercar rules and forum topics. seriously i am going up against seasond car builders that have years of racing XP under their belt, who have stepped down in class because the cars are cheaper and therefore increase chances of winning for all the knowlege they have of racing. without advice from someone who knows lots more about cars than me, i will just become road kill. please help me. thank you.