Thread: Radial slick VS regular slick

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Radial slick VS regular slick

Quick question...

I have a chance to buy some new 33-14.5-15 drag radial slicks for $300

They are 2 years old, but were kept inside, age is a concern and the fact that they are radials raises a eyebrow too.

I know radial slicks dont "grow" like a regular bias-ply slick does plus they dont wrinkle as much on the start so you get a more uniform contact patch.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, do you think they would work on my car.

Info below.

Fairly light 69 camaro (2700lbs), 496 BBC, 180 powerglide tranny, narrowed dana 60 W 513's, ladder link, adjustable coil overs, currently running 32-14.5-15's

@ $300 for the set, its not a bad price, I seen them in a jegs catolog for $360 per tire........ :shock:

Thanks for any input>Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

I am no tire expert, but I am POOR. I'd be on them like a shirt.

I had some regular stiff sidewall goodyears on my car that were 8 years old and they still hooked....they had sat inside and were like new but just old....worked fine on my car

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    I am no tire expert, but I am POOR. I'd be on them like a shirt.
    :lol: LOL
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

I have Hoosier radial Drag Slicks on my car and you could not give me another 10 sets for free. The slicks are very inconsistant and dont last 1 person says just haze the the next says you have to get them hot I just went back to what works good old school sticky Mickey's Good luck on what ever you do.!!!!