Old 66 Chevy II

Old 08-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Old 66 Chevy II

I know I haven't posted much to this forum in a long while.

If anyone cares, just a little update. Getting anything done to this car has taken much longer than I would have desired. I suppose for many of us, the world has changed somewhat from what it was two years or so ago when I returned to this path.

Anyway, most of the welding for the rear suspension has been completed. I still have a few loose ends to patch and box in. For the most part that's finished. The car now has disc brakes on both ends. It was actually two different kits, the front end was a Chevy II conversion kit that included changing the front spindles. The rear was a kit for the 9" Ford rear end.

I still have brake lines, new line-lok, master cylinder and proportioning valve to add. I also got my adjustable Koni aluminum body shocks back together and remounted. We took them to a Koni rep in Kentucky, he looked them over and said, just clean them up and put them back on, nothing wrong with them.

After all this, still need to fab up a frame for the fuel cell. Run new fuel line. Do the tinwork. Soon I can start to reassemble the drivetrain. Maybe with just a little luck, we MIGHT be able to look at putting this car back on a track by late spring or early summer?

I would try and post pictures but this forum doen't like me. I've tried and they never come up, LOL. I did post a new picture to my Racespace page, if anyone wants to see it's current state.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I will be happy to help you post the pics.If you can email them to me [email protected] I will get em up ASAP.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Old 08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Damn glad to see you back on here,Yes by all means we would love to see it.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74

Thanks Tod.

You get the real before and after look with those. Poor old car still has a lot of work left to be done.