Slowing down a transbrake solenoid...

Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Default Slowing down a transbrake solenoid...

Looking for some input here. I have a Turbo 400 with a TCI Bracket brake. Is there a way to adjust the solenoid so it doesn't react so fast?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

No real way of adjusting the solenoid I can think of.

When I run no-box classes in my altered I have 3 different valves for my brake, 1 steel, 1 aluminum, and 1 composite. Coupled with an adjustable button I can get dialed in on pretty much any tree and rollout. Going from my quickest setup to the slowest is worth .040.

If you know somebody with a lathe you can make a couple of heavy valves and see what works.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:51 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default use a manual switch?

Hey Mike, A longer throw on your button in the car is the most common method of changing reaction time. If you were to add weight to the hat on the outside of the sol, you will make it react slower by having to move more weight with the same spring for release. I would stay with the longer switch adjustment so when your lightning reactions go away......... again, like they do for me, you can easily change it back to faster reacting.
Bruce