Thread: Larry Smith aka:RACE632= Scammer!

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Larry Smith aka:RACE632= Scammer!

Larry Smith
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    540-834-3726
    Still owes me $400 for a pair of carbs I sold him last January.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Few more details on deal.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    I sold him 2 pro-systems alky dominators last December right around X-mas. We spoke many times on the phone and emailed through racing junk (although they got deleted...thanks racingjunk). He seemed like an honest person. The agreed price was $1050, which was to be US Postal money order, and I would have the full payment before I sent the carbs. I get it in the mail and its only $675. Larry calls me and asks if I could send the carbs anyway because he has been ripped off before...so like an idiot, I buy his sob story and send the carbs, never to collect the rest of my money. I did get him on the phone a couple of times (after I called the sheriff down there), and he promised to send me the cash. I just want the rest of the money. I've given him enough time. This is the last chance if he happens to read this. I have a friend in VA ready to go pull the carbs off of his engine, or get me my money.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

Good advice alittle late

I cant understand why you would send the parts without all the cash?? Good guy Im sure your are but this is business..You Had his $600,He really didnt have any choice,either send the rest or (if you were a really good guy) Get a refund..Its really hard to be a good guy out there unless you know the person--I have been a victim several times myself--Goodluck recovering your parts or money...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    If it's gone on this long without being paid in full and I had a chance to have the carbs "pulled" it's a no brainer what I would do! At that point if he wanted a refund he may get some of it. More than likely if he hasn't paid for he hasn't taken care of them either.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    wl, I've asked myself the same thing over and over. I have bought probably about $3000 worth of race parts off RJ, all of it came from the US, and I never had any issues getting my parts. The people I bought from were trustworthy, I ASSumed that everyone else on RJ was to. Lesson learned!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by looey
    I sold him 2 pro-systems alky dominators last December right around X-mas. We spoke many times on the phone and emailed through racing junk (although they got deleted...thanks racingjunk). He seemed like an honest person. The agreed price was $1050, which was to be US Postal money order, and I would have the full payment before I sent the carbs. I get it in the mail and its only $675. Larry calls me and asks if I could send the carbs anyway because he has been ripped off before...so like an idiot, I buy his sob story and send the carbs, never to collect the rest of my money. I did get him on the phone a couple of times (after I called the sheriff down there), and he promised to send me the cash. I just want the rest of the money. I've given him enough time. This is the last chance if he happens to read this. I have a friend in VA ready to go pull the carbs off of his engine, or get me my money.
    is your friend ready to be hit in the head with a crow bar? That's likely what could happen if he tries to unbolt the c arbs himself...also may end up in jail. I think you may be SOL ..no proof that the agreed upon price wasn't $675. He can claim it was and by cashing the money order and mailing them you screwed yourself. sad but true in my opinion. Hopefully he will do the right thing,if not I think you're screwed. jmo good luck

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Yup, I'm probably SOL. Well, at least if no one else gets screwed by this jerk....