plug gap on accel 262 plugs

Old 08-21-2010, 10:05 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default plug gap on accel 262 plugs

got new set of accel 262 plugs for my steel heades(angle plug) sbc heads. jegs says .035 to .045. thats not a good enough explanation for me. e-mailed accel one week ago and they still have not returned my request for info from their tech guys. hope one of you guys can give me the right setting for the plugs.. i have sbc with the old steel turbo heads(ported professionally) 12.5 compression, good size roller cam, single pland intake, and a Mallory HY-fire 5 ignition system with the high voltage coil, and i come through the traps at 7700 rpms . there are accel 262s in there now but i forget what the gap was and the plugs are old and maybe the gap has gotten bigger over time so by looking at the old ones may not give me the true gap i need for the new ones. i posted this same request last week on the tune-up and diagnostics part of this forum and not one person answered. hope one of you guys can help me with this info thank you art
Old 08-21-2010, 06:44 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know about the HYFIRE ignition system, but with a MSD i set mine at .025, i'm on alcohol, but also set them at .025 on gas. Most of the people i know are running NGK plugs though.

Zip.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default spark plug gap

thanks zipper. ill see what the otjer guys have to add to your reply art
Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 PM
looey
SHOW GUEST

X2 on the .025". Gapping them at .025" puts less stress on the rest of the ignition system. Wires, caps, rotors last longer...JMO