What Do You Think???

Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
instagators84
APPRENTICE

Default What Do You Think???

So a local track in the area is having a 2 day Labor Day race which is paying a guaranteed 3,500.00 a day but the flyer advertises a 5,000.00 a day purse if the required car count is met. So I asked if 2 drivers may drive the same car in the same class, and this is what I got from track personnel on the track webs forum.
"Yes, but the track wants to make this VERY clear. You will not have a leg to stand on if you conplain about not having enough time to make it back around or your car gets to hot. The track is planning on having alot of cars at this race and are going to have to keep pace. If you do not make it back around before the next class starts, you are out."

Now the question I ask is if the track allows 2 tech cards to be bought dont you think that the track should atleast wait for a fellow to put fuel back in the car and get back up there. I told them that I was on alky so overheating would not be an issue, I just want to stop by the trailer and fill up. The topic has sparked some p$%$ing and mouning on the web site so I thought that I would get you guys opion.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:05 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Well as you know the track can't please everyone all the time and if it holds the track up and some other racers up then I'd say they should put the person out. It's not the tracks fault someone can't fuel up fast enough/cool down/ ect. If everyone took there time fueling ect. then it would take longer especially if it's packed full of racers. JMO
Old 08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

i was the tech guy at a dirt track for several years---my thing is this-IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE ON TIME[AT THE GATE ] TO BE LINED UP THEN YOU ARE OUT[PERIOD] 8)

PRETTY SIMPLE WAY TO DO IT AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS FROM THE RACERS OVER IT

LIVELY
Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
i was the tech guy at a dirt track for several years---my thing is this-IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE ON TIME[AT THE GATE ] TO BE LINED UP THEN YOU ARE OUT[PERIOD] 8)

PRETTY SIMPLE WAY TO DO IT AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS FROM THE RACERS OVER IT

LIVELY
DITTO DUDE.....A racer ought to concentrate 100% on ONE class anyway unless you have 2 cars and an efficient pit crew !
I've ALways been told that if you ain't fully strapped in with the engine running then you ain't racin' ! They have a show to put on and a lot of racers to get on the track safely.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:26 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Gota go with the track guys on this one. When you go to the track you should know that if your car needs to be cooled down you do what you have to do to get it cool fast before next round. It's not the tracks fault for trying to get a program in as quick as possible.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:42 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

I think it's pretty generous of them to allow the same car to be raced by two different people in the same class, asking for more than that is pushing it in my opinion.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:46 PM
instagators84
APPRENTICE

I unsterstand that but like I said cooling will not be the issue I just want to know that when I get back to the trailer that I will have a few seconds to atleast put fuel in the tank. I mean if the track sell's 2 cards then they know as well as everyone one else that you have got to put fuel in the car. Just dont want to waste my time and get jeped cause some a$$hole does not want to wait a few seconds.
Thanks for the replies guys, ya'll have really got me thinking that at local tracks it may not be good to do....
Old 08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

At least they told you how you stand before you entered both classes. If they would have told you "sure, no problem" then counted you out when you couldn't make it to the lanes in time then that would be wrong. I would think if you head to the lanes first call for the class they run first then you should have plenty of time to fuel up before they run the second class. The pace would get quicker as eliminations progress if you manage to stay in both classes. Basically they are telling you if you think you can keep up feel free to enter both.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

WAIT!!!, he's not talking about running 2 different classes, he said same class, which means if there is 10 pairs of cars running then he would almost have to be the first pair out and get back to the starting line before the last pair runs in the same class he started out. You might could do it if they have over 40 cars, but if you win a couple of rounds you will most certainly get in trouble later in the rounds and won't get back up in time, so you would automatically lose. It wouldn't be the track putting you out it would be the driver you are supposed to run, all he would have to do is stage and if you're not there it's over.

JMO

Zip.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
WAIT!!!, he's not talking about running 2 different classes, he said same class, which means if there is 10 pairs of cars running then he would almost have to be the first pair out and get back to the starting line before the last pair runs in the same class he started out. You might could do it if they have over 40 cars, but if you win a couple of rounds you will most certainly get in trouble later in the rounds and won't get back up in time, so you would automatically lose. It wouldn't be the track putting you out it would be the driver you are supposed to run, all he would have to do is stage and if you're not there it's over.

JMO

Zip.
I guess I should pay closer attention. I could see the track saying he could do it and taking the entry fee but not being too concerned about holding up racing to make sure the second driver has a chance. Of course what I posted still applies but it will be a lot harder to keep up even with a car that will hot lap. Got to splash some fuel and switch drivers. With a bunch of cars you might be able to do that in the early rounds but it would be almost impossible to keep up if both drivers stay in for a few rounds. Zip has a good point, it would be a matter of the other driver waiting and even if he does the track usually will only let him wait so long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -