Why do some circle trackers race 80's muscle cars?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:47 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Why do some circle trackers race 80's muscle cars?

Here some picture to put with the title and I think it explains its self.

Circle track racers that drive these cars and hurt them should think about what they are doing to a potential american classic car. I don't care how common or dime a dozen they are save yours because the way scrap metal prices are now there getting crushed/shredded everyday and eventually there going to run out and then no more cars for our children to like and love and put blood sweat tears into. And a ricer or japanese car is nothing any of my sons will be driving under my roof no matter how much gas is and I hope they will grow to respect and love the classic american automobile. And thats just the way it is.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

And a ricer or japanese car is nothing any of my sons will be driving under my roof no matter how much gas is and I hope they will grow to respect and love the classic american automobile. And thats just the way it is.

Your son's :?: And how old are you :?:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm saying when I have children. LOL not any time soon!!! Gotta get my rides a shinnin' and a rumblin' cuz before any of that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

There had to have been at least 68 billion Monte Carlo's made with at least 67.5 billion finishing it's life as a dirt track race car! Most popular dirt track car in the world. hmmm, maybe GM should bring them back :idea:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:43 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
There had to have been at least 68 billion Monte Carlo's made with at least 67.5 billion finishing it's life as a dirt track race car! Most popular dirt track car in the world. hmmm, maybe GM should bring them back :idea:
Well around here I see alot of 2nd gen Camaro dirt cars on a trailer atleast a couple times a week or a night, mostly on weekend nights. And seeing that I looked for every bit of 6 months for a cheap camaro all I could find in my price range was a 3rd gen or a dirt car so I chose a 3rd gen. But a local guy has alot of classic trucks cars I'm looking at mainly looking at the trucks he has 3 67 chevy c10's forsale hopefully I can sink my tooth into one LOL.

But I had been looking at cars in barns website and got disgusted and then found my self on a dirt track website and seen a camaro and that pushed it. So thats the reason for posting this!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:12 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

well as far any car I SEE in the pics i personally do not see any intrest in them...unless the 2nd generation camaro is 70 thru 73,,,,,,a 1974 on up the camaro does nothing for me...never has and i guess never will..

JMO

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

The only camaro I liked we the original ones and the new ones. Never liked the 80's.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

my family has raced street stock/hobbie stock/bomber type cars for many years...both my mom's side and my dad's.You would vomit to see the cars they have destroyed.At first it was old coups,then on to 55-57 chevies...then on into the muscle car type stuff... One was a 67 SS Chevelle..had a hole cut right in the middle of the SS hood, more CHEVY II'S than I can count..several camaros and the last 5-10 years it has been Monte Carlos.Obviously none of these cars were rare at the time.

If everyone saved them all they wouldn't be special. Besides,most dirt track cars are built from worn out junk cars and are not nearly as good as they look from the stands.Often they take cars that are wrecked or really rusty...they just use the skin of the car for the most part and they cut out the wheel openings etc so that takes care of any rust in that area..
Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
my family has raced street stock/hobbie stock/bomber type cars for many years...both my mom's side and my dad's.You would vomit to see the cars they have destroyed.At first it was old coups,then on to 55-57 chevies...then on into the muscle car type stuff... One was a 67 SS Chevelle..had a hole cut right in the middle of the SS hood, more CHEVY II'S than I can count..several camaros and the last 5-10 years it has been Monte Carlos.Obviously none of these cars were rare at the time.

If everyone saved them all they wouldn't be special. Besides,most dirt track cars are built from worn out junk cars and are not nearly as good as they look from the stands.Often they take cars that are wrecked or really rusty...they just use the skin of the car for the most part and they cut out the wheel openings etc so that takes care of any rust in that area..
Got a point. But I just hate seeing them on trailers and knowing what will happen or has happened to them and when it was only a minor ding or spot of rust could have been fixed and made into a nice street rod.

Or better yet be made into this. This car isn't like a dirt car it isn't meant to be slammed around and rolled over.

Now tell me you wouldn't like to have this car and some of you may not because you may have one worth more or rarer but the average racing junkie wouldn't want this to be raced around a dirt track for peanuts and then crushed when it could have been made into a quarter mile killing machine. Eating mustangs and shitten' mopars one by one. :lol: :lol:
Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Seth, that is what makes America beautiful... freedom to go around in circles in the dirt w/a car of choice. I hear ya, many a good car has been destroyed over the years... just think if you took those pictures in "1975" at the local dirt-track... it would make you sick... like Tod said.

Guess who I got to meet??? My friend's neighbor (Buzz something) who is now about 80 tears old & did all the stunts/jumps in the "General Lee" back in the day. He also did some work for Night Rider & some James Bond movies too. He broke his back 4 times, several injuries, only is about 5Ft tall. He was the first guy to drive a car on two wheels while in the drivers seat & perfected that stunt back in the 70's. Buzz told me they wrecked 20 68-70 Chargers in less than 18 shoots (less than 1 season) once in the Duke's hay-day... there are pictures of this guy doing stunts in the local restaurants here.... cool guy. He is on union terms & still does a few minor stunts to keep his union pay... he is a wealthy guy. He meant Waylon Jennings & some other cool stars. That show put a big dent in the Charger population... anyways, not everyday you meet someone like Buzz. Scooter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -