Thread: How to remove a wheel from a Strange Spindle Mount

Junior Member APPRENTICE

How to remove a wheel from a Strange Spindle Mount

I'm trying to figure out on how to remove the wheel to replace brake pads on a Strange Spindle mount with Strange Single Piston brakes.

Obviously the spindle nut, and I'm trying the 2 allen bolts that the caliper slides on, but seems to have a sleeve that is pressed on and I cannot get the allen bolt out. BTW, the nut on the opposite side is loosened. Any ideas?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Would the allen bolt be threaded into the caliper as well as having a lock nut on the backside ?
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    If I remember correctly, you can remove the center bolt and remove the outer half of the caliper and pad. You may have to loosen the 2 outer bolts. I don't remember if they thread into the outer half of the caliper or not. At any rate, after you remove the outer half & pad, you can remove the wheel. You may be able to remove the pads with the wheel in place by removing the center bolt and sliding them out.. if you have enough room....

Hope that helps,
    Johnny

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by johnracer
    If I remember correctly, you can remove the center bolt and remove the outer half of the caliper and pad. You may have to loosen the 2 outer bolts. I don't remember if they thread into the outer half of the caliper or not. At any rate, after you remove the outer half & pad, you can remove the wheel. You may be able to remove the pads with the wheel in place by removing the center bolt and sliding them out.. if you have enough room....

Hope that helps,
    Johnny
    I thought about the center bolt, but was afraid it would split the caliper and loose fluid amongst other stuff.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Well, what worked is splitting the caliper by the 3 Allen bolts. Thank you, job done..