Data Acquistion System Comments

Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 PM
bigred1091
SHOW GUEST

Default Data Acquistion System Comments

I am fielding a Top Sportsman can next year. I have been looking into data acquistion systems for this car. I have looked into what Racepak has to offer and I have also looking into the systems available from Altronics, Inc. (you know, the people that provide the weather stations). Is there anyone that has used the Altronics, Inc. Data Acquistion System. What experience have you had with this system. I would appreciate any feedback that you can offer to me before I purchase any system. Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 07:20 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Bigred, I would like to offer up another option. http://www.rpmperf.com We use and sell these systems on our bracket cars and an A-fuel car we are associated with. Very easy system to use and Randy the owner is very easy to work with.

You can see their add in the back of National Dragster. I'm sorry I don't have experience with Racepak although I know they are top of the line. Altronics on the other hand we have one of their older recorders. It worked well for a while but when we had problems with windows compatibility it was not a good experience working with them. This is just my experience and their recorders may be great now. Good luck with your purchase.

Curtis
Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by doorracer
Bigred, I would like to offer up another option. http://www.rpmperf.com We use and sell these systems on our bracket cars and an A-fuel car we are associated with. Very easy system to use and Randy the owner is very easy to work with.

You can see their add in the back of National Dragster. I'm sorry I don't have experience with Racepak although I know they are top of the line. Altronics on the other hand we have one of their older recorders. It worked well for a while but when we had problems with windows compatibility it was not a good experience working with them. This is just my experience and their recorders may be great now. Good luck with your purchase.

Curtis
We are in the process of getting a Top Dragster up and running. And I agree with doorracer. We have a system from RPM Performance, and having not used any type of data recorders before, this system is very user friendly and would highly recommend it.

TS1955
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I like the Computech stuff, in fact I like it enough that I'm currently a dealer for them. Most of the better systems are comparable but some of the software for the different systems makes the data more difficult to read. If you can, try to download the software for the system you are considering and view some sample runs. You can get the datamaxx download here.
http://www.computechracing.com/Downl...taMaxx621s.exe
There's a sample run included with it. For me their software is the easiest to understand and use. Data is useless if you don't understand it.