onestopautos...dead beat

Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
m3ll0n
SHOW GUEST

Default onestopautos...dead beat

Bought some weld prostars from him end of last year. Have been fussing with him to get me some money to replace the bent wheel he sent me. You don't package up 4 wheels and not know that one of the fronts has been hammered on to try and straighten it. Never mentioned anything about one being waffled or anything. Just recently told me thats how he bought them and to deal with it. I've given him plenty of time i feel to make this right. In all of my internet dealings i've never EVER had to deal with someone in such a matter. I paid a premium price for some used wheels that didn't even come with the lug nuts or center caps that were shown (bolted on a car). In the last message he sent i quote, ".You bought the wheels like i did.You dont want them,then sell them to someone else". Sounds to me someone screwed him and now he has screwed me.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Ad #, pictures, emails, etc. You get the picture, it is all he said she said until you give the sharks some chum. :roll:
Old 08-10-2010, 05:11 PM
m3ll0n
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Ad #, pictures, emails, etc. You get the picture, it is all he said she said until you give the sharks some chum. :roll:
Ad # is unobtainable do to the fact it was from last year and emails were wiped when i upgraded to win7.

On [2010-08-07 21:59:20] onestopautos wrote:
My Dad died 2 years ago.He was the last man to tell me what to do.I done trying to be nice.You bought the wheels like i did.You dont want them,then sell them to someone else.Iam done!!!!!DO what you gotta do!
>
On [2010-08-07 18:59:49] mellon wrote:
Man this is ridiculous...seriously. you don't package a hammered wheel and not know it and you don't Dick around with peoples money I gave you more than these wheels were worth you need to make this right...I've never ever had to deal with someone on the internet for such a long period to get something like this taken care of. I'm done being nice get this taken care of...
> >
On [2010-08-07 18:50:02] onestopautos wrote:
Nope!Not yet.
> > >
On [2010-08-06 18:00:18] mellon wrote:
any word?
> > > >
On [2010-06-20 14:51:28] onestopautos wrote:
I told you I dont have money to give you.Iam doing what I can.You told me a month or 2.It hasnt even been a month yet!!!!!
> > > > >
On [2010-06-20 11:39:35] mellon wrote:
well i'd like to have some money soon so i can get a wheel on the way. i got a race to be at on july 3rd.

On [2010-06-14 20:12:46] onestopautos wrote:
Not yet.Working on it.
> > > > > > >
On [2010-06-14 18:48:54] mellon wrote:
been a few weeks...any luck?
> > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-30 22:42:02] onestopautos wrote:
Stay in touch.I will see what i can do.
> > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-30 14:05:21] mellon wrote:
so you think i could get some money in a month or two?
> > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-18 11:22:31] onestopautos wrote:
Its not really about what I want to do,but what iam able to do.I would love to tell you to send the wheels back for a refund or give you the $160 for a new wheel but Iam not finacially able to do that at this time.Maybe I have some parts or something you may need.Iam willing to do what i can to make the deal right but I dont have cash at this time.
> > > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-18 00:20:30] mellon wrote:
I'd really appreciate it if you would be willing to paypal me 160 for me to order a new wheel with...i still have to order lugs and center caps...which if i would of bought new wheels for a couple hundred more i would have got and wouldn't of had to go through all this trouble. its your call though i obviously can't make someone do what they don't want to do.
> > > > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-16 23:19:17] onestopautos wrote:
I didnt know.I never changed tires or had a reason to get them balanced.Thats the only way I would of known they were bent.What do you want me to do to try and make things right?I can split the cost on a new front wheel?
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-16 21:37:57] mellon wrote:
no its got a ton of run out...especially where the wheel on the backside was hit with a hammer
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-16 21:34:54] onestopautos wrote:
They were on a car that i bought.I did drive them,but very little.I mostly used them for mock up.Could you make them balance out with weight?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
On [2010-05-16 16:37:36] mellon wrote:
i put some new tires on these wheels the other day...and one of the fronts was bent pretty bad...

Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Wheels

Sorry you have to deal with such a poor excuse for a man. You couldn't miss the fact those were hammered and he misrepresented them big time. Don't let him off the hook. There are a lot of good guys on here who will help you hound him and give you good advice.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 AM
onestopautos
SHOW GUEST

I have been selling on Racingjunk for many years.Every now and then you run into problems.When you do, you try and work them out.Sometimes you run into people that want somethig for nothing.I sold this gentleman a set of $700 wheels for $400.The ad said wheels for sell.Did not say wheels ,tires,lugs,caps etc.We all know that before you buy something you need to ask questions just to make sure what is included and what is not if it isnt made clear in the ad..Because the wheels were advertised on a car dont mean you get the car too.This was his first complaint.I told him I had some caps but no lugs if he payed shipping.He didnt want to do that.Never did he mention that the wheels were hammered or anything.Not until a few months later(6months) does he contact me and say they were bent.I told him i didnt know they were bent and that i would split the cost on a new wheel.This wasnt good enough for him.If I was a deadbeat I wouldnt of responded and tried to make things right.Iam done!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 AM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

THERE IS ALLWAYS TWO SIDES TO A STORY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU TRIED TO MAKE IT RITE, BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TOLD HIM TO SELL THE BAD WHEEL TO SOMEONE ELSE. THIS ONLY COMPOUNDS A PROBLEM. WHY DON'T YOU GIVE IT ONE MORE SHOT AT PAYING HALF FOR A NEW WHEEL? THIS SOUNDS FAIR TO ME.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM
contagious
MASTER BUILDER

I wouldn't have giving you 50$ for the wheels they are fugly.!!!! 400$ WOW.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 AM
m3ll0n
SHOW GUEST

This isn't a 700 dollar set of wheels. That would be the price of a new set with lugs and caps. So NEW they would roughly be 600 dollars. And they being far from new and only 3 of them being usable are not worth 400. You can't buy a prostar without lugs and caps so I assumed they were included. My fault on that one I guess. Car was still being built when I got the wheels so they remained in the boxes they came in till they were needed...again I guess my fault. This does not excuse the fact that a waffled wheel was sent and failed to be mentioned. Seems like he left out some details and a major one in the end. And about the offer of center caps...

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2009-10-09 08:55:52] onestopautos wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > No lugs(cant find).Just have 2 old caps.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2009-10-08 17:12:27] mellon wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > any idea how much shipping is gonna be?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2009-10-06 17:03:34] onestopautos wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i HAVE THE REAR CAPS AND ALL THE 7/16 LUGS.i WILL SEND THEM IF YOU PAY THE SHIPPING.NOT IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.LET ME KNOW.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2009-10-06 13:16:47] mellon wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I see, saw them on the car figured the hardware would be included since caps and lugs are around another 100. Guess I should have asked...

This is the first time I've ever tried to buy something on racingjunk and so far...not so good.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by contagious
I wouldn't have giving you 50$ for the wheels they are fugly.!!!! 400$ WOW.
You do realize you're looking at a pic of the unfinished back side of the wheel right?

Sorry I think waiting at least 5 months to inspect something you bought used on the internet is a little long. Anything could've happened to them in that much time. In the very least someone should have looked at it before changing the tire. If the seller is offering to split the cost of a new wheel when the guy bought used wheels to start with it seems he is being reasonable. Whether or not I am ready to use something bought like this I take it out of the box and inspect it, you never can tell if something has been damaged in transit and there is always a fairly small window to file a claim.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
m3ll0n
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by gearhead1011
Sorry I think waiting at least 5 months to inspect something you bought used on the internet is a little long. Anything could've happened to them in that much time. In the very least someone should have looked at it before changing the tire. If the seller is offering to split the cost of a new wheel when the guy bought used wheels to start with it seems he is being reasonable. Whether or not I am ready to use something bought like this I take it out of the box and inspect it, you never can tell if something has been damaged in transit and there is always a fairly small window to file a claim.
Guess i took the honor system for granted. Didn't expect someone to send a bum wheel to me and not mention a single word about it. I do have receipts for when i bought and mounted tires that correspond with when i got a hold of the seller to inform him of the bum wheel he sold. I still have the boxes in the garage. I never would have suspected shipping damage cause the boxes are still intact. Yes the offer was made to split the cost of a new front wheel...but if the seller isn't financially able to pay me 160 what makes you think hes able to pay me half of that? Especially when after the fact he was given two months to make this right. At this point i should have just bought all new wheels cause i'm gonna have as much if not more money and time wrapped up in some used wheels as i would have in brand new ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -