chevelle

Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default chevelle

Heres a link to a friend of mines 68 chevelle, I let him use my RJ account to list it and its a nice car in all but I was thinking the asking price is on the high side.
Non ss all original body panels, new paint, solid floors and trunk, good glass, interior fair.

He sold the car about 4 years ago for $10,000 to a shop teacher at a local vo-tech here in Memphis, which I thought was a stretch, but the guy done alot of work to it courtesy of the school of course.
He got into some financial trouble and had to sell it quick, Landon bought it back for $7500 which in my opinion was a deal.
He has it listed for $16500 :shock:

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...-chevelle.html

Pipe dream or fair market value?

Cp
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

team chevelle forum.Those guys really know their stuff when it comes to chevelles. They even have a "What's it worth" section.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/

Just don't ever say that a 400 sbc block is a hunk of junk. I did that and got bashed for 3 pages. :lol:
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Will do Tod, thanks...
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

From the picture it looks really nice and worth every penny
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 AM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

I sold a roller 68 ss396 velle DRAG CAR only for 7500 on R.J in the time in took to place the 2nd add.It was nice,clean, just painted,and all new trim,emblems, back half(no real chevelle value IMO).So with that,the price is negotiable. He may not get what he's asking but Ill bet he'll make a nice profit.(13,500 or so)my guess.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

My feeling is that it is right in there for an asking price. What are the complaints about this car?? It shows well, street friendly, probably pump gas friendly, new paint, the 68 is awesome & has the better tail-lights (IMHO), it seems like a nice street car all buttoned up. I wonder about the interior.. if it is nice too, I think he is on target & should not take too much less than 14K. Am I missing something here??? It would bring 15K in Oregon, if it is as good as it is described. Scoot
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by traysvega
I sold a roller 68 ss396 velle DRAG CAR only for 7500 on R.J in the time in took to place the 2nd add.It was nice,clean, just painted,and all new trim,emblems, back half(no real chevelle value IMO).So with that,the price is negotiable. He may not get what he's asking but Ill bet he'll make a nice profit.(13,500 or so)my guess.

Man that car you posted, this black one is so very nice, my first ride when I was 15 was a 68 chevelle, and I want another,68 some day, and a back halfed one, man that is nice!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

My first car ever was a 72 Chevelle. A friend and I did the bodywork and he painted it. I built the whole car. It had a 11:1 406 with a TH400 and a 4.10 12 bolt. It wasn't fast but it got me hooked on this stuff.Used to race it in TROPHY . It ran low 8's in the 1/8. I Could get it in the 7's now as I am much smarter than I was a t 18..(even though I knew everything then)This is the car that left me siting in the staging lanes with the steering locked.

I still have it. After the flood in 2008 I decided to do a complete tear down on it. It is now stripped to the bare shell. I am putting it back to factory stock.Will be using the Factory SS wheels. Also putting factory console with H shifter back in it etc. Taking the batery out of the trunk and taking off the drag race crap..except the 4.10 gear going to keep that. I have a fresh .030 over 454 for it .I used the old rotating assembly from the NOVA before I built the 540...Anyway, I love this car. Lots of memories with this one. This is an older picture Ive posted before. Sorry to highjack your thread Charlie.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

$7500 for a SS big block car? Hell yeah I bet you sold it quick, what were you thinking! What a deal! That is a beautiful car, I'm sure the new owner is very happy!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
My first car ever was a 72 Chevelle. A friend and I did the bodywork and he painted it. I built the whole car. It had a 11:1 406 with a TH400 and a 4.10 12 bolt. It wasn't fast but it got me hooked on this stuff.Used to race it in TROPHY . It ran low 8's in the 1/8. I Could get it in the 7's now as I am much smarter than I was a t 18..(even though I knew everything then)This is the car that left me siting in the staging lanes with the steering locked.

I still have it. After the flood in 2008 I decided to do a complete tear down on it. It is now stripped to the bare shell. I am putting it back to factory stock.Will be using the Factory SS wheels. Also putting factory console with H shifter back in it etc. Taking the batery out of the trunk and taking off the drag race crap..except the 4.10 gear going to keep that. I have a fresh .030 over 454 for it .I used the old rotating assembly from the NOVA before I built the 540...Anyway, I love this car. Lots of memories with this one. This is an older picture Ive posted before. Sorry to highjack your thread Charlie.
No problem Tod, nice looking ride & a cool story, it's all good :wink: