Thread: Q16 racing fuel

Q16 racing fuel

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Q16 fuel, who's using it, I don't mind the cost if it works, does the engine run any cooler? ect.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Not being rude, but you may want to search a topic before you post a new thread.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...&highlight=q16

i heard that Q16 is good about "cont" don't know but I'll ask my friend to tell you about it!!

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: Q16 racing fuel

Quote Originally Posted by nova69jml
    Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Q16 fuel, who's using it, I don't mind the cost if it works, does the engine run any cooler? ect.
    We use a ton of VP113 which is a lower octane. Yes the engines will run cooler. You will need to jet up and take out timing. If your not using it now, I do recommend dynoing your engine for maximum performance. Its great fuel.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

Re: Q16 racing fuel

Quote Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by nova69jml
    We use a ton of VP113 which is a lower octane. Yes the engines will run cooler. You will need to jet up and take out timing. If your not using it now, I do recommend dynoing your engine for maximum performance. Its great fuel.
    How much timming you take out? I switched from C16 to Q16 2 years ago and I didn't take any timming out or notice any temp change. Not saying it want run cooler after long periods of running. I don't run my motor very long at a time, but see no difference from what it use to be.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    depends on the combustion chamber volume, typically 2 degrees on some engines. You will also need to jet up the carb, they like more fuel.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

I uped mine 5 jets and had to change the air bleeds too.