Honor Roll..??

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
BigG1974
SHOW GUEST

Default Honor Roll..??

I had to mark my corvette SOLD because I could not edit the Ad...I want to continue using the sight, "Which I personally think is a Load O' Fun."
Lotta' great folks on here you can meet up with!!
But whats the deal with the honor payment??? What are we supposed to do with that, I am New to this sight, so go easy on me...
Thanx for the Help~~! Gary~ :lol:
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

The honor payment is a donation to RJ for selling anything on here. You dont have to put an honor payment if you dont want to.

Just to let you know a lot of people on here see if there have been honor payments made from people who sell items on RJ. It makes them look better due to being a donation type deal.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

My personal opinion is, if you pay for an add why should I have to pay more when I sell the item? However, their are a lot of people that look at your honor payment history before they will buy from you.
BTW, I paid because of peer pressure! LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default Honor Payment

Thanks guys for your payments we certainly do appreciate it. The Honor Payment is as you say it is a donation to the site if you think it was helpful. We don't track sales so we would never know if you ever did sell something but this way people can still donate to the site to keep it free for everyone.

Rabbit, I understand your thinking about paying for the ad, however if you look at your receipt, you will see that you never really pay for an ad. That line will always be a $0.00 value. You can pay for a membership that gives you more bells and whistles, higher ad placement, free photo galleries. Or you can pay for an upgrade such as Featuring it Premiering it, but that is the payment for these kinds of services. You never actually pay for an ad on our site. We wanted to make sure even if you were getting an upgrade you never had to pay for an ad.

In all cases the Honor Payment does help us keep the site free for everyone who may not have the money to sell an item on the site. Lets see if eBay can say the same.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Honor Payment

PJ!
Wow, nice of you to take the time to come explain the HONOR system to us! Thanks for not ignoring this thread as you have the one below!
Please, if you would, go to the link I provided and tell us your side!

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=14492

I cannot imagine you chose voluntarily to NOT HONOR our country by NOT flying our flag on your banner over The 4th of July weekend! I am beyond belief you have the balls/audacity to fly the Mexican flag for their holiday but NOT OUT FLAG. Why is Mexico deserving of the sites respect but NOT OUR country? You should feel shame and humiliation for NOT HONORING (theres that honor thing again!) our country!

Written by Rudy Holloway- One pissed of American!

Originally Posted by pj
Thanks guys for your payments we certainly do appreciate it. The Honor Payment is as you say it is a donation to the site if you think it was helpful. We don't track sales so we would never know if you ever did sell something but this way people can still donate to the site to keep it free for everyone.

Rabbit, I understand your thinking about paying for the ad, however if you look at your receipt, you will see that you never really pay for an ad. That line will always be a $0.00 value. You can pay for a membership that gives you more bells and whistles, higher ad placement, free photo galleries. Or you can pay for an upgrade such as Featuring it Premiering it, but that is the payment for these kinds of services. You never actually pay for an ad on our site. We wanted to make sure even if you were getting an upgrade you never had to pay for an ad.

In all cases the Honor Payment does help us keep the site free for everyone who may not have the money to sell an item on the site. Lets see if eBay can say the same.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:50 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

DITTO !! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Honor Payment

Originally Posted by pj

Not trying to discourage anyone from paying an honor payment, but I must be missing something.
I hardly ever sell anything, and even less often I would buy something. I have listed two things on RJ, one item last year (My old truck which I sold to a friend and still made an honor payment because it was still advertised on RJ) and a motor several years ago and both times I had to pay a fee ( I think it was $49 or $59 each time) to put the add on RJ. Again, I must be missing something. ops: Are you saying I could have posted the add for free and if / when it sold made an honor payment. That would be kinda like a consignment deal wouldn't it??
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

I have posted and sold a few items on here and never had to pay anything up front. I did make an honor payment after selling it because if not for the site, I wouldn't have sold it. When you post an ad it asks you what you want to add as in advertising, you can choose the basic and it is free and you can add things that cost (both of which tell you whether it is free or cost money, it is up to you which to choose). So Yes, you could have posted it for free if you wanted. That is why I look at who makes honor payments and who don't when I am buying something. If someone shows they have an average selling price of whatever and no honor payments I usually keep going.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

PJ, how is the site free if you insist that people make honor payments???
I personally have never made a honor payment, but them again I've never sold anything on here either, just traded, I do not consider a trade of equal value a sell.

But, if I ever did sell something, I probably would NOT make an honor payment anyway, it's 1% of the sale right? I hope you consider my contribution to this forum as my payment, IF I were to sell anything.

Now dont get me wrong, I love this site, I met some really cool people and made some life long friends on here, not to mention getting my 69 camaro on here, so for all that, I'm eternally grateful.

Now, about that flag deal.

Man that so does not sit well with me either.
Not displaying the American flag on our Independence day? But displaying the mexican one on Cinco de mayo??? Thats messed up.
And you know what? That's not even Mexico's Independence day you dopes :shock:
Ya'll need to do your homework before displaying a country's flag and trying to be all politically correct.
FYI Mexico celebrates it's indepence day on September 16th :wink:

Here you go Rudy, your statement was worthy of a repeat quote.
I added that extra F in there for ya too, no charge brother.

I cannot imagine you chose voluntarily to NOT HONOR our country by NOT flying our flag on your banner over The 4th of July weekend! I am beyond belief you have the balls/audacity to fly the Mexican flag for their holiday but NOT OUT FLAG. Why is Mexico deserving of the sites respect but NOT OUR country? You should feel shame and humiliation for NOT HONORING (theres that honor thing again!) our country!

Written by Rudy Holloway- One pissed OFF American!

Cp
Old 07-10-2010, 05:35 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Charlie, DD,
Thanks for having my back! Just seems to me lots of folks in OUR country seem to have some disdain for our American heritage! If you don't/won't fly OUR flag, then why do you live in OUR country? Greatest place on earth to live! I know the RJ libs aren't going to respond, will do as most libs do, hide til it blows over!

Charlie, thanks for adding the other F, I usually proofread fairly well, was pretty pissed at time of writing :shock:

BTW PJ,
We are all grown men here, if you think we believe ANYTHING is FREE in life you are dead wrong.

Quote from PJ:
"In all cases the Honor Payment does help us keep the site free for everyone who may not have the money to sell an item on the site. Lets see if eBay can say the same."

In my opinion this is your way of "spreading MY wealth" among the folks that won't pay!
Not going to happen again! If you have something to sell, then pay your fair share or don't sell it! Give you my money so you can let the cheapskates roll on my dime! When hell freezes over!

I will say though, I do like our site no matter its' shortcomings! You can bet your ass that it's not you (PJ and Ryan) that makes this site great! It is your loyal members. DON'T FORGET THAT, when it's time to fly OUR flag!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -