Hard Blok

Old 07-06-2010, 07:33 AM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Hard Blok

To all race engine builders,had a crack in a bowtie blok so i was asked if i would like to hard blok to cure problem,sure i said but come to find out the blok was only filled on one side,is this norm or should i be worrying.lunati crank,oliver rods ,cp pistons etc. :?: :?:
Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
mopar1962
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Hard Blok

Originally Posted by showbusiness
To all race engine builders,had a crack in a bowtie blok so i was asked if i would like to hard blok to cure problem,sure i said but come to find out the blok was only filled on one side,is this norm or should i be worrying.lunati crank,oliver rods ,cp pistons etc. :?: :?:
Im no pro but whenever I use hardblok I use it on both banks. I pour it in,tap the block slightly to ensure a consistant fill then bolt a set of torque plates or heads on as it dries. I would hardblok the otherside also. Sounds like a half azz job to me.Literally. Fill the other side to the same level as the filled side. Normally hardblock is used before any machining is done.Personally I would be pissed and would be on a 3 year retirement for a severe boot stomping.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
mopar1962
JUNIOR BUILDER

Check to make sure the block has not distorted.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I can't imagine any one filling only one side. That would be like running two 4 cylinder engines. Although slight, the different heat would make a difference in the tune and probably the harmonics as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

These were my thoughts also and when this is the first engine that i EVER had built for me, I have always built my own engines as that is my trade ,but you always think sometimes it could be built better and secondly this was the most i have invested ever in a sbc .Should i pull it back done and finish job or run it as he says its ok. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

They probably poured it in one side and then realized it was a bad idea, so they stoped