Thread: Barrett Jackson

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Barrett Jackson

Anyone been watching the B-J auctions lately ? Prices are waaaay up ! LOTS of low to mid 5 figure sales.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Yeah, I saw that. Looks good for those who restore cars.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Yeah but I seen some deals too, did anybody see that sweet 67 malibu chevelle that went for 14,000?
    Dude had to of taken a loss on that resto.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Barret Jackson is the reason every idiot with a rotted out Chevelle or Camaro thinks he has a gold mine. It makes it harder for someone trying to find a good project at a decent price. I have a Chevelle that I have owned since I was a teenager..it was my 1st car. I'm 36 now. Car is solid as a rock. I see Chevelles for sale that are absolute junk and people want twice what I ever imagined mine was worth.
    Pitiful.

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    there was a nice elcamino 454SS that went for $17,500! the prices were all over the place. It was nice to see some of the "charity cars" go for good money.
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    Barret Jackson is the reason every idiot with a rotted out Chevelle or Camaro thinks he has a gold mine. It makes it harder for someone trying to find a good project at a decent price. I have a Chevelle that I have owned since I was a teenager..it was my 1st car. I'm 36 now. Car is solid as a rock. I see Chevelles for sale that are absolute junk and people want twice what I ever imagined mine was worth.
    Pitiful.
    I hear ya... it also makes for alot of clones & post 1972 cars look better. Can't afford a 65 GTO w/ tri-power???? CLONE IT. "Here's a 1975 Ventura". you can make it a "GOATURRA"... never mind it having a hatch-back....
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"