Thread: Neutral safety swtich

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Neutral safety swtich

I read the previous ?'s about this and tried to wire a switch without success. I have a master disconect on the bumper, a kill switch (to msd ign) inside. I have a b&m megashifter with both reverse & neutral safety micros on it. I gave up on the reverse lights, I will just hard wire them to a togle. But the safety Im told I will need to run it at the track. I've tried to hook it to each of the two wires on the inboard side of the starter, and the 1 on the outboard side, seperately ofcaurse. I also tried to wire to the msd ign without sucsess. I know Im over looking the obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its a 87 ssmonte. Thanx

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    just break the wire to the solenoid on the starter.If it is in gear no voltage goes to the solenoid, therefore it won't crank over.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    thats what I'm not understanding. I've done this individually with all 3 wires, but it will still run. Could the other wires be acting as a override. Love your duece by the way.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Still dont have it,and now I have no fire. All kinds of electrical grimlins. F-it,Monte 4sale.