donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

Old 06-08-2010, 12:23 PM
jondee05
SHOW GUEST

Default donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

I traded Mr Holt car for car last November, now he sees my ad , and is harrassing me I've been a member on here in good standing for going on 5 years. He is making statements about me ripping him off , reason of a so called 'bad engine. We both had running /driving cars and were happy to trade.He did call me when we back home and said he had 'mixed emotions' because of the memories of the car and almost wanted to have me turn around. He was looking for a pro street car, and said didn't have the time for racing I was looking for a drag car and wanted to get into racing. I had my fair share of mechanical problems and took care of them without calling and complaining. A month after we traded he messaged me and said he had distributor problems and the wrong spark plug wires..the car ran fine when he drove it, he followed up after that with threatening phone calls on a regular basis, saying the heads were wrong the motor was junk, I advised him I did not build the car when we initially started the transaction, and was going by what the person I obtained the car from, which by the way is a great member on here.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:47 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Trading cars & parts

I ofcourse would not take sides on this issue because I Know nothing about your deal but I would say if you trade or sell something it has to be on your word..Selling it built by someone else (unless agreed upon at the time of trade) does not free you from any problems with the item. I bought a BBC from one of my best friends & after tearing it down,It was junk!! Right away he came up with the excuse of thats what the guy told him??? I had let another friend have it because he needed it right then & I didnt.(Actually hes the one that tore it down) No Questions asked,I refunded his money..Guess who got left holding the bag?? Right....You have to know what your trading/selling or have the understanding before the exchange..JMO
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 AM
jondee05
SHOW GUEST

I agree with you 100% .We discussed this , and I disclosed all information for 2 weeks before making the trade.I have all correspondence documented. My complaint is 6 mos. later hes coming up with this . The car he has had absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was not a rushed in situation,When we met it took us 2 hrs of going over both cars before we traded.I think he is wrong now to be threatening me and harrassing me. I have made a police report out and have no less than 4 recorded messages of gunshots being fired in the background as he is making threats to me.The local authorities are telling me to press charges.I'm going to go this direction very soon.I have an attorney retained. No one should have to deal with a guy who is remorseful now that he misses his car.Hes a young adult and was a 2 week new member, he brought his dad with him to make the decision.I'm a straight shooter have been , all my life.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
donnyhlt
SHOW GUEST

Default All Wrong

John,
I have all your emails to me about the car you traded. After I discovered all the lies about the car, I called you but never received an answer. I have never called and threatened you. This week when I saw you were selling the chevelle I traded you I sent you a message to see if you wanted to trade back. That's it. I seen the ad posted from someone else about you being a cheat. Who else have you done business with? This is the first I am hearing about all of your claims of harassment. Gunshots? Really?
I got burned. I know there is nothing I can do about it now. After the three unreturned phone calls a week after our trade I realized this. But I hope someone does not make the same mistakes I did in dealing with you. I have proof of all my claims.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

Originally Posted by jondee05
I traded Mr Holt car for car last November, now he sees my ad , and is harrassing me I've been a member on here in good standing for going on 5 years. He is making statements about me ripping him off , reason of a so called 'bad engine. We both had running /driving cars and were happy to trade.He did call me when we back home and said he had 'mixed emotions' because of the memories of the car and almost wanted to have me turn around. He was looking for a pro street car, and said didn't have the time for racing I was looking for a drag car and wanted to get into racing. I had my fair share of mechanical problems and took care of them without calling and complaining. A month after we traded he messaged me and said he had distributor problems and the wrong spark plug wires..the car ran fine when he drove it, he followed up after that with threatening phone calls on a regular basis, saying the heads were wrong the motor was junk, I advised him I did not build the car when we initially started the transaction, and was going by what the person I obtained the car from, which by the way is a great member on here.
stamped, I hate to see this deleted now that the other party has posted up...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with you 100% .We discussed this , and I disclosed all information for 2 weeks before making the trade.I have all correspondence documented. My complaint is 6 mos. later hes coming up with this . The car he has had absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was not a rushed in situation,When we met it took us 2 hrs of going over both cars before we traded.I think he is wrong now to be threatening me and harrassing me. I have made a police report out and have no less than 4 recorded messages of gunshots being fired in the background as he is making threats to me.The local authorities are telling me to press charges.I'm going to go this direction very soon.I have an attorney retained. No one should have to deal with a guy who is remorseful now that he misses his car.Hes a young adult and was a 2 week new member, he brought his dad with him to make the decision.I'm a straight shooter have been , all my life.
stamped

Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 AM
jondee05
SHOW GUEST

The other ad was you buddy .. RIPPEDOFF ..It was deleted after I notified RJ. Move on .. I'm done I have other things more important than your games..All of your statements are lies.. I have never had any issues from anyone on here..
Old 06-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The other ad was you buddy .. RIPPEDOFF ..It was deleted after I notified RJ. Move on .. I'm done I have other things more important than your games..All of your statements are lies.. I have never had any issues from anyone on here..
I show the ad posted by FastEveryting, Ad #1915531...