Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

  1. #1

    donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

    I traded Mr Holt car for car last November, now he sees my ad , and is harrassing me I've been a member on here in good standing for going on 5 years. He is making statements about me ripping him off , reason of a so called 'bad engine. We both had running /driving cars and were happy to trade.He did call me when we back home and said he had 'mixed emotions' because of the memories of the car and almost wanted to have me turn around. He was looking for a pro street car, and said didn't have the time for racing I was looking for a drag car and wanted to get into racing. I had my fair share of mechanical problems and took care of them without calling and complaining. A month after we traded he messaged me and said he had distributor problems and the wrong spark plug wires..the car ran fine when he drove it, he followed up after that with threatening phone calls on a regular basis, saying the heads were wrong the motor was junk, I advised him I did not build the car when we initially started the transaction, and was going by what the person I obtained the car from, which by the way is a great member on here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    288

    Trading cars & parts

    I ofcourse would not take sides on this issue because I Know nothing about your deal but I would say if you trade or sell something it has to be on your word..Selling it built by someone else (unless agreed upon at the time of trade) does not free you from any problems with the item. I bought a BBC from one of my best friends & after tearing it down,It was junk!! Right away he came up with the excuse of thats what the guy told him??? I had let another friend have it because he needed it right then & I didnt.(Actually hes the one that tore it down) No Questions asked,I refunded his money..Guess who got left holding the bag?? Right....You have to know what your trading/selling or have the understanding before the exchange..JMO

  3. #3
    I agree with you 100% .We discussed this , and I disclosed all information for 2 weeks before making the trade.I have all correspondence documented. My complaint is 6 mos. later hes coming up with this . The car he has had absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was not a rushed in situation,When we met it took us 2 hrs of going over both cars before we traded.I think he is wrong now to be threatening me and harrassing me. I have made a police report out and have no less than 4 recorded messages of gunshots being fired in the background as he is making threats to me.The local authorities are telling me to press charges.I'm going to go this direction very soon.I have an attorney retained. No one should have to deal with a guy who is remorseful now that he misses his car.Hes a young adult and was a 2 week new member, he brought his dad with him to make the decision.I'm a straight shooter have been , all my life.

  4. #4

    All Wrong

    John,
    I have all your emails to me about the car you traded. After I discovered all the lies about the car, I called you but never received an answer. I have never called and threatened you. This week when I saw you were selling the chevelle I traded you I sent you a message to see if you wanted to trade back. That's it. I seen the ad posted from someone else about you being a cheat. Who else have you done business with? This is the first I am hearing about all of your claims of harassment. Gunshots? Really?
    I got burned. I know there is nothing I can do about it now. After the three unreturned phone calls a week after our trade I realized this. But I hope someone does not make the same mistakes I did in dealing with you. I have proof of all my claims.

  5. #5
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: donnyhlt / traders remorse /harrassment

    Quote Originally Posted by jondee05
    I traded Mr Holt car for car last November, now he sees my ad , and is harrassing me I've been a member on here in good standing for going on 5 years. He is making statements about me ripping him off , reason of a so called 'bad engine. We both had running /driving cars and were happy to trade.He did call me when we back home and said he had 'mixed emotions' because of the memories of the car and almost wanted to have me turn around. He was looking for a pro street car, and said didn't have the time for racing I was looking for a drag car and wanted to get into racing. I had my fair share of mechanical problems and took care of them without calling and complaining. A month after we traded he messaged me and said he had distributor problems and the wrong spark plug wires..the car ran fine when he drove it, he followed up after that with threatening phone calls on a regular basis, saying the heads were wrong the motor was junk, I advised him I did not build the car when we initially started the transaction, and was going by what the person I obtained the car from, which by the way is a great member on here.
    stamped, I hate to see this deleted now that the other party has posted up...
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  6. #6
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jondee05
    I agree with you 100% .We discussed this , and I disclosed all information for 2 weeks before making the trade.I have all correspondence documented. My complaint is 6 mos. later hes coming up with this . The car he has had absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was not a rushed in situation,When we met it took us 2 hrs of going over both cars before we traded.I think he is wrong now to be threatening me and harrassing me. I have made a police report out and have no less than 4 recorded messages of gunshots being fired in the background as he is making threats to me.The local authorities are telling me to press charges.I'm going to go this direction very soon.I have an attorney retained. No one should have to deal with a guy who is remorseful now that he misses his car.Hes a young adult and was a 2 week new member, he brought his dad with him to make the decision.I'm a straight shooter have been , all my life.
    stamped
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  7. #7
    The other ad was you buddy .. RIPPEDOFF ..It was deleted after I notified RJ. Move on .. I'm done I have other things more important than your games..All of your statements are lies.. I have never had any issues from anyone on here..

  8. #8
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jondee05
    The other ad was you buddy .. RIPPEDOFF ..It was deleted after I notified RJ. Move on .. I'm done I have other things more important than your games..All of your statements are lies.. I have never had any issues from anyone on here..
    I show the ad posted by FastEveryting, Ad #1915531...
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy