PAYPAL SUCKS!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default PAYPAL SUCKS!

I've had a PayPal account since 2001. I've used it quite a bit for purchases from online sites simply to keep my credit card number on a limited number of online servers.

Over the years PayPal has continually REDUCED my spending limit even though the credit card number that I gave them had a $10,000 spending limit? Every time I've made a purchase thru PayPal in the last couple of years, they have sent me an Email stating that if I wanted to remove my spending limit then I would have to get “verified”. Verified means that you have to give them unfettered access to YOUR BANK ACCOUNT! That means that they can withdraw any amount they want at any time without any input from you? It also means that if PayPal's servers ever got hacked, hackers will not only have my credit card number, but will also have my BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER?? So, I never did get “verified” simply because I didn't want them to be able to access my bank. I figured that the credit card company limit was good enough for PayPal. I do have some protection with the credit card company but NONE with my bank account that they would have access too.

Today I went and looked and they now have me on a $73.95 limit?? WTF?? Again, that credit card has a $10,000 limit and they won't let me use but $73.95 or that?????

So I'm sitting here getting even more pissed by the second! I got on the phone with their support people, who can't speak decent English BTW, and was told that I was indeed now on a $73.95 limit?? Again, WTF??

Just to be clear here, I own my home (PAID FOR WHEN I MOVED IN IT IN 2000), my trucks, my cars and have an excellent credit rating with all three credit rating businesses. I DON'T OWE ANYONE A DIME! I'm on Social Security (fixed income) and have a fair amount of money in our local banks so bad credit is NOT the reason for this action. What it all boils down to is they don't want to have to pay and deal with my credit card company but instead want to charge sellers the same fees and NOT pay my credit card companies fees. More money for them at my expense of allowing them access to my checking account! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN IN MY LIFETIME!

Needless to say, I NO LONGER have a paypal account! F**k'm! And the horse they rode in on!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:48 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Intresting, mine shows no limit. Sorry to hear that Ken .. sucks that we are mostly stuck using paypal
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Ken i understand your fusteration, my palpal account is also unlimited, but i'm verified, i have a credit card listed with a $32,500.00 limit, but i have 2 bank accounts, one i use too pay paypal and if i use it i transfer funds too that account. I'm also retired on SS with a credit rating of 7.69 and have had a paypal account since 2001. I most always use the credit card because of the saftey factors involved.

Zip.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
, i have a credit card listed with a $32,500.00 limit, Zip.
TIME TO BUILD A NEW MOTOR!!!!!!!!

P.S. I don't think just because you give them your info to varify that that means they can access your account whenever they want.I've never had a problem. If you are concerned just open another account at your bank only for paypal and link that one...then if you wish to make a purchase just transfer the funds from your real account into the one linked to paypal...this way they can't get at your main account.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74
If you are concerned just open another account at your bank only for paypal and link that one..
In case you didn't know, there aren't any more FREE checking accounts! At least none around here unless you want to keep a $2000 balance. I'm not going to pay a monthly service charge on a checking account that I really don't need just to pacify Paypal.

Nah, I contacted BPTCarbs on fleabay yesterday and he will take a USPS money order so I can still buy what I want, just won't be using PayPal is all. They are the loser here as now they won't get anything when I make a purchase. :wink:
Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Plenty of free checking around here. ...Oh well. Glad you got something figured out