Torque and Chassis Strength

Old 05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
harohunter
SHOW GUEST

Default Torque and Chassis Strength

Im looking for a tube chassis with a s10 body 90's era. How will I know if the chassis will be able to handle the power I want to put through it? Is there a stress test i can put the chassis through?

Im looking to put a 6.6L chevy duramax twin turbo engine that is approximately putting out 1300 hp and probably over 1500ftlbs of torque
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

are you looking a old drag s10 or having one built?

Yes it can be built no problem, Sure you could buy one allready built and then there are those poor built chassis's , whether there home or shop built that you would not want.

That is alot of power to most guys, but now adays thats nothing. A good chassis will work fine.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
harohunter
SHOW GUEST

Either having one built or if there was a used built one then possibly buying it. I know ill have to spend a good amount of money to get a good strong chassis. But there seems to be alot of builders what kind of name should I be looking for? I dont know any of the good truck builders. The only one I have heard of was Jerry Bickel race cars.

Oh and I talked to the engine builder and my torque estimate is off, he said somewhere between 2000-2500 ftlbs.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

What kind of activity are you going to be doing with it ?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
harohunter
SHOW GUEST

1/8th mile "prostreet" drag racing, with a pro tree. I'm shooting for somewhere around 4.80-90 or 7.75 in a quarter mile.