plumbing a mallory 250 fuel pump

Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default plumbing a mallory 250 fuel pump

just got a mallory #250 electric fuel pump. it has ports for in, out and bypass. i dont necessarily wan to run a bypass regulator if i dont have to. is this regulator port a port to send excess fuel from the pump pressure directly back to the fuel cell without going full circle up to the front regulator and then back. i would prefer to do none of the above and just cap off the bypass and just run in and out. please let me know if this is ok to do , and if i should do it any other way, would someone please explain in detail what i have to do. i want the best for my car and am just not familiar with these bypass type pumps thanks chevy art
Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Pluming a pump

The bypass is to go back to the fuel cell. If you plug the bypass, pressure will be too high and pump will run hot.
If you don't want to run a bypass, get a smaller pump that does not have one.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default mallory # 250 fuel pump

thanks markdunlap i understand exactly what you are saying.. i have a mallory 140 which is a good pump, but i would rather use the real good mallory 250 pump. its not overkill. i will put it to good use. thanks for your input chevy art