Watch out for richard Wyllis1940. we had a bad experience

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 AM
hutt1
SHOW GUEST

Default Watch out for richard Wyllis1940. we had a bad experience

We traded a 1970 Chevelle for a 1969 Camaro top sportsman roller he had for sale. When we traded he stated he had left the window net and driveshaft at the shop and it would be sent out immediatley upon his return to the shop.. That was 4 weeks ago.. It really hasnt been an issue til now. We have finished reworking the entire car and are lacking a window net and its a custom size so I cant get one this week.

A little info on the trade. We traded and accept that. He did tell us all the chassis stuff was new and some of the bolt on stuff like fuel pump,fuel cell delay box, 40 spline axles and shifter was used. Tires, wheels, rearend, chassis, shocks and struts, wiring were all new. We knew we would have some issues with the stuff ahead of time but traded anyway.

To make a long story short. we have had to rework the entire car except for the chassis. The axles and center section were 35 spline and the center section would not accept a 40 spline spool. The axles were worn out and were only 35 spline. The housing was so crooked the axles would barely come out. We installed a MW billet piece with new 40 ultra lite axles and a MW 40 SPLINE CENTER SECTION. The fuel cell ended up being a 20 year 15 gallon. the fuel line was spliced in 3 places. The shocks and struts all had to be rebuilt.the rear brakes were junk. The front calipers were craked(just found that last night). The master cylinder was bad on the front brake side.. wonder if thats because when you mash trhe brakes the caliper stucks beacause they are craked in the piston hole) And the wiring looked somethging like my 15 year old daughter would do. So we rewired it also..

I emailed him twice before I recieved a response. He stated he was out of town on a family emergency and would ship our items out.We were told in the begginng it was an aluminum shaft now we are hearing its a steel and the window net stuff. I finally recieved a threat back from him after stating he would not get the title to the car unless we recieved our parts. This car was supposed to be rolling and ready to race. Just install engine and trans and set 4 link and go racing..

We understood the parts we could see but the rear end housing and center section are far from what he said. We know we should have ran from this car but we liked the body style and we believed richard..

We just want the drive shaft and window net stuff we were promised and watch out for richard.

You can see our Chevelle that we tradede at add number 1892958 listed by richard..

Scott Hutton
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

well lets call him over and see what he has to say, shall we?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
willys1940
SHOW GUEST

Default title for my car

scott will be gitting his net and drive shaft and inturn i want my papers on the chevelle we traded even and met each other half way and i seen what iwas trading for and he also could see what he was trading for as well he could see if it did or did not have every thing that was told to him but he faild to say that the chassis was just certified 251 to 6.00 and slower by nhra offical beleve me he got a car that was worth a whole lot more than he traded me fore ijust did not want to get back in to racing its just a money pit if you no what i mean.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

well theres the reply I asked for, thanks for coming over but I quess that I am curious about the paperwork that was not mentioned in the original post :?:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 AM
hutt1
SHOW GUEST

That wasnt the deal. We were to get the driveshaft and window net because he left them at the shop when we swapped cars. He was going back home and it was to be shipped out to us thew next day!!!!!!!!!We are going to send his title when we get it from the state.. But when you have been flat out lied to about what you are trading for you start to question what you will get.. Richard knew about the title deal before we made the drive eo meet him.. That was no suprise to him..

We ordered a new driveshaft yesterday and ups just delivered it next day air.. The same with the window net and mounting hardware.. Richard talks a good game but either did not know what he is selling or did not care. That is the issue.. I had several offers to trade for a car and they were not what we were looking for. We thought this car was ..

The car was certified 6.0 I dont know how but it was. That was the only thing richard said about the car that was correct. It was suppose to have all 40 spline stuff ... didnt.. all parts chassis parts were to be new ... NOT!!!. I have all the old parts off the car and we were only able to use the chassis and fuel pump and shifter thats all.. The shocks and struts all had to be rebuilt ... It is a nice super gas car now and thats all we wanted anyway.. I say that it is a nice super gas car after spending 10,326.36 no wait window net and driveshaft and yoke..............11,143.63 on the car . I have every reciept

Scott
Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
hutt1
SHOW GUEST

Default Just to let you guys no that its august and no drive shaft

Its been 4 months for willys1940 to send us our aluminum driveshaft and window net.. I think thats long enough .. what did he trade and not have the stuff. He made a big deal about us not living up to our end of the deal.. We did and he didnt.. just thought you should know..

Scott
Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

as for the rearend, all he will say is . thats what i was told, i never checked it, you should have,, you will never see, the shaft or net,, but keep the title, and after he gets it all running, show up at his track with the police, and take the car,,and YES i have done,, the guy owed me 1500.00 and wouldnt pay up.