Conversion to right hand drive for New Zealand

Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM
TopSpdMtrsport
SHOW GUEST

Default Conversion to right hand drive for New Zealand

Hi all. I'm testing the water here...
Our Land Transport Authority requires that ALL vehicles that are not older than 20yrs at the date of import MUST be converted to right hand drive. Unfortunately they also require that ALL duallies (chev, dodge etc) MUST be converted regardless of age because they fall into our heavy vehicle catergory. Any 8 luggers are classed as a heavy vehicle here in NZ.
I export out of Long Beach & was wondering if anyone knows of a company, preferrably in the Ca. state (but not 100% necessary) who has done or currently does this type of conversion?
The reason I ask is there is a market here amongst racecar owners for duallies but the cost of converting them here stops anyone wanting to buy one.
Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

If there is enough numbers involved, ie; ( contracted number of units in a given time, at a contracted cost per unit, and a contracted time frame in years, with a solid down payment to get geared up) I'll bet there is somebody who would work with ya.