Thread: 355 rotating assembly 12.7:1 COMPRESSION? GOOD OR NO GOOD

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

355 rotating assembly 12.7:1 COMPRESSION? GOOD OR NO GOOD

http://www.competitionproducts.com/C...info/CA35057D/

that is the rotating assembly i'm getting and i was wondering if it would be good for a starting out bottom end i am building my first race car and i know the kit is for round track and it won't hold up to NOS and to much Comp. for a blower but i was wondering if it would be a good starting out engine til i can afford a stronger one and how long will it hold up to drag racing conditions?

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    It's a fine starting point for a budget build. How long it will live is dependent on the horsepower levels, quality of the machine work and assembly of the engine. 500HP and under, a good machinist and perfect assembly practices should bring a few years of service from the engine.

Better parts than I had 25 years ago when I started building my first race engine. GM crank, Pink rods and heavy TRW slugs that pulled a 3800lb car with a 4 speed to 11.20's all day long.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I'm racing 1/8th mile only and all my machining & assembly is done at the college so it should be done right the instructor has a 79 Z28 runs good but it's a BBC he has but he should have it done right heres his race car and truck look at his truck ugly but fast also a BBC