Getting paid via Western Union?

Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 AM
racer333
SHOW GUEST

Default Getting paid via Western Union?

I have a potential buyer for a car I have advertised here..... BUT: The buyer is stationed in Florida and wants to pay by whatever means I will take other then cash. This raises a red flag to me, but the person who is talking to me is very knowledgeable about what it takes to race and seems to be on the up-and-up. One thing I've been thinking of is Western Union. Is there any possible way for me to be scammed by accepting Western Union? I called them up, and they said it was possible for ME to scam HIM, but not the other way around. However, I seem to recall seeing something about NOT accepting payment via W.U. Can anyone offer intelligent input? Thanks.

Mike
Old 05-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

If he pays you through Western Union I dont believe there is anyway for him to scam you. We have always warned against paying someone through WU but I dont think you will have any isssues the other way around...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

IF YOU ARE THE RECIEVER OF THE W.U. ITS ALL GOOD FOR YOU..BUT AS A BUYER, ITS NOT A WISE THING TO DO..
Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM
nopro
CRAFTSMAN

Default pay by WU

still have to wait for check /mo to truely clear. cash pick up at WU outlet is 100% ok but cost big to sender. high dollar amount can set up a bank account just for a wire transfer , then close it.