Thread: Getting paid via Western Union?

Getting paid via Western Union?

I have a potential buyer for a car I have advertised here..... BUT: The buyer is stationed in Florida and wants to pay by whatever means I will take other then cash. This raises a red flag to me, but the person who is talking to me is very knowledgeable about what it takes to race and seems to be on the up-and-up. One thing I've been thinking of is Western Union. Is there any possible way for me to be scammed by accepting Western Union? I called them up, and they said it was possible for ME to scam HIM, but not the other way around. However, I seem to recall seeing something about NOT accepting payment via W.U. Can anyone offer intelligent input? Thanks.

Mike

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he pays you through Western Union I dont believe there is anyway for him to scam you. We have always warned against paying someone through WU but I dont think you will have any isssues the other way around...
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    IF YOU ARE THE RECIEVER OF THE W.U. ITS ALL GOOD FOR YOU..BUT AS A BUYER, ITS NOT A WISE THING TO DO..

pay by WU

still have to wait for check /mo to truely clear. cash pick up at WU outlet is 100% ok but cost big to sender. high dollar amount can set up a bank account just for a wire transfer , then close it.

5. Racing Junk