BS

Old 05-21-2010, 04:56 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default BS

The forum is kinda quite right now so figured it would be a good time for some BS.

How did you get started racing??

Other than racing what are your other hobby's?

What kind of music do you listen too?

My first time racing I was 15 years old sand dragging in a '83 Ford ranger with a 4cyl. Needless to say I wasn't going very fast, (It was a Ford. How fast can they go? :lol: ) but it got me hooked. I had a 79 F 150 (yes, I use to be a die hard Ford guy ops: ops: ) that I raced ( Mud Bogged / Sand Drag. for years, but sold it when I got married. (BAD MISTAKE).

Other Hobby's. Right now racing is my only hobby. I go so hard at it I'll burn myself out before to long. I use to have a boat and jet ski and spent many summers at the river. I raced remote control trucks and played a lot of golf until I started having hip and back trouble then I got back into racing.

Music. I'm stuck in the 80's Rock and Roll. I use to listen to country, but haven't in years.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Well I just got into racing about a year ago and am working on a car now won't be the fastest one but it will be fast enough.

Other than racing the only real hobby I seem to have is work.lol. But I like to go mud riding and go out in storms a video tape them and take pictures.

I listen to 70's-80's Classic Rock/Hard Rock bands like Ratt,Journey,AC/DC,Led Zepplin,Jimi Hendrix,Cinderella,Joe Walsh and other great artist/bands like that.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I did a lot of street racing in my youth 25+ years ago

went to the NHRA US Nationals back in 1988 and have only missed 1 year since.

ran my first car down the track in 2005, been through 3 race cars since then and have now kinda quit racing and gone all the way back to a bone stock and beautiful 67 Firebird 326HO

My other hobbies are motorcyle and 4wheeler riding, wrenching on about anything from cars to boats. and maintaining my house and property if you can call that a hobby?!?!?

Most of my music is rock and roll with a splash of hard rock, 60-70-80-90's and newer, it dont matter...
Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Sweet ride and nice digs Harb. Started in 2000 had a 77 vette that ran high 14. Swaped for a 383 and had the vette running 11.70s. Puked a few rearends on it so bought a Vega put the 383 in it and was running 10.20s swaped that motor out put in a 496 from Nyes and went 9.20s . Finally sold that so the wife can show her quarter horses at a higher level. may race again someday.Still enjoy it from the bleachers.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:29 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

If it was my wife i'd put a second seat in it and told her this one's got more horses.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by burnskustomz
If it was my wife i'd put a second seat in it and told her this one's got more horses.
I hear you but she has been showing for a long time and both hobbies cost alot. So i stepped back so she can pursue her stuff. I can always run street elimanator at our track but am quite content drinking suds and watching. For now that is....
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Pheonix FB Raceway, 1987. I was a 17 yr old kid w/a 72' Chevelle that was pretty slow... it was in the high 15's I think.... maybe 16's. I brought it to "anything goes" night on Wednesdays (all you needed was a seat-belt & a windshield in good shape) & you could run almost anything. I believe on one of these nights I saw a VW bug completely blow away my friends 69 Chevelle w/a 400SBC which was built & ran in the high 12's... the VW beat him by 3-4 car lengths. I was a VW motor (not sure what was done to that car, but it was FAST).

I like dirt bikes. I enjoy bow-hunting & shooting. I do not ride high-speed scooters anymore... not a good hobby for me. I like Nitro RC cars. I love God, my country & my wife of 11 yrs & my children are my biggest hobby. I have a 69 Camaro w/a BBC & it is a pro-street car... love to work on her... her name is "Nectar"... because she is like Nectar to me when I make her scream... that is why she is a 69.

Music: Country: Waylon Jennings. Rock: Motley Crue/ Billy Idol 80's. Alt Rock AIC/STP & stuff like that... Rage Against The Machine. 3-doors down, etc... Johnny Cash. Scooter
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Haha well maybe yall can do both just get her on her horse and you in tha vega and see which ones faster remeber this is pinks yall are racing for slips lol
Old 05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

My first pass down the track I was 17 at the high school drags with a '68 Camaro with too much carburetor and too much cam it was a pooch but that was all it took. Then shortly after high school I became self employed and pretty much took all my time except in the winter. So I started drag racing snowmobiles on the ice in 1/8 mile. Started out in Improved Stock then went to Pro Stock. Had an Arctic Cat 600 triple that would run low 6's at 105mph. It was one of the fastest in the midwest. Then tried racing on the grass with a Pro Stock 1000. It ran 4.9's-5.0 in 500'. It was scary fast at the time. Now I run my Nova in 1/4 mile. Low 9's@145 and love it.
I play a little golf and go camping with my wife when we can find time.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:34 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Dang, Beast Lucky a '68 Camaro you we're the kool guy huh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -