TROUBLE WITH CHASSIS PAINT

Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default TROUBLE WITH CHASSIS PAINT

Hey men, Has anyone out there had any problems with the chassis paint from the Eastwood Company.The reason I ask is ,I followed the instructions to the letter on stripping the old paint .then I used the degreaser they sell to prep the frame before spraying it with the rust encapsulator that you mix in a two part mixture.I let dry and then painted the frame with their chassis black.To get to my point,the other day I uncover the car in the garage to install the motor and tranny and find the paint from the firewall forward on the chassis is coming off in big chips.I called Eastwood and told them about what has happened.They told me someone will get back with me.I have always in the past used POR15.I tried EASTWOODbecause POR15 cost has went up.I have done about a half adozen frames in the 40 years I been working on cars and this is a first.Please let me know if anyone has had any problems from Eastwood products.THANKS GUYS,FISHMANJOE
Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

did you paint with the chassis black with in three days of applying epoxy. after that you have to lightly sand it.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default troble with chassis paint

I put the chassis black on within 24 hrs.EASTWOOD called me and is sending me a qt. of encapsulator and a qt. of chasiss black.I should be happy at their gesture,but now I have alot of work prepping and repainting.FISHMANJOE.