318 la v8 convert efi to carb

Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
hauln18whelstyle
SHOW GUEST

Default 318 la v8 convert efi to carb

How hard would it be to convert a 318 v8 LA engine from EFI to Carb??
Old 05-16-2010, 12:47 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

i would think you would just take out all the electronic computer stuff and take what then would be a long block and put an intake and carb on it
1. take unhook all electronics and trash it unless u want to resale
2. take the intake and throttle body off along with fuel injectors and fuel rail
3. buy a intake and carb that is California emissions legal and wala u then have a carbed engine also u might need to replace the dist. but im not sure with the fuel injected stuff.

Thats what i'd do but then again i dont follow Emissions Laws either that craps a way for the Government to line their wallets.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Not hard at all, I just done this for a friend on a 91 Dodge pickup, First you need to get a good fuel pressure regulator, EFI run's off [throttle body type] 18 psi, injector type run's off 45 psi, remove intake and throttle body, install new intake and carb, run line from regulator to carb set fuel pressure to 7 psi, fire engine and start driving, throttle cable same from one to other.