Scammer List

Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Scammer List

Instead of making someone look through the entire scammer section can we make a simple Master List of the scammers and a link to their thread??
Some of them have been resolved and were just misunderstandings that got worked out, but some are real and multiple scammers.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Great idea Wabbit!! A running & live list of the best of the best. A master copy/list that survives all scams & scammers.

something like this:

Scammers & their alias names ect...

1. Littlerod. (the infamous, impenitent, possibly a sex offender too)
2. Traderguy.
3. Ralph C. & his sidekick. (love these guys)
Etc... blah blah blah....

Then have a list of common scams & tricks people play:

"E-Bay buyer protection program"
Common Out of country payments/scams

etc....
Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Hey that is a great idea Wabbit & scooter list all of them in one place :!: :!: JMO Mark Arnold
Old 05-14-2010, 01:43 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I am all for it,maybe we can change the forum around some so we can have a certain forum for negatives and for the good sellers a postive section.Would this work?This would require alot of work for someone to sort out.We can talk about it if anyone is interested in helping doing this task.Let me know.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter when you add someone to the list continue to put them in your first post. In other words just keep editing your original post.
Also put a link to the thread about them beside their name.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

In theory a good idea; in practice a fair amount of risk. Who makes the decision as to whether one party of not is a scammer? Number of posts? Someone's word who is hiding behind a username?

If you want to log names of users who receive complaints- set criteria such as:

1) Perhaps 5 or more individual user complaints.

2) Check on the complainants- Do they have a racespace name and phone number.

3) List both names; complaint on XXXXX made by ZZZZZZ, that way you are not perceived as taking sides.

Of course if there is an easy way to search all threads for a NAME, then all we would need is the search engine and a sticky thread telling new users to check for their scammer name- You could even set it up perhaps as an auto pop-up when someone logs in or tries to post.

That would save everyone from the risk - except the original poster.

Think about it and yeah I am back.

Scorp
Old 05-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

welcome back Scorp, glad to see you back on here! Tom I am in on trying to help sort things out. Its time to put all this BS in the last couple of weeks behind us and get back to catching the bad guys and just having fun!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
I am all for it,maybe we can change the forum around some so we can have a certain forum for negatives and for the good sellers a postive section.Would this work?This would require alot of work for someone to sort out.We can talk about it if anyone is interested in helping doing this task.Let me know.
Hey Tom here is an idea......

How bout making a sticky thread for people to add the names of people that are good or great sellers and have another sticky thread that people can add the names of scammers and thier other names on RJ?

We can have it set up so that only a mod can add names to the list after we figure out if they are a scammer or not that way peoples name wouldnt be trashed when they are actually a good guy.

Anybody else think that this is a good idea??
Old 05-16-2010, 01:26 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
welcome back Scorp, glad to see you back on here! Tom I am in on trying to help sort things out. Its time to put all this BS in the last couple of weeks behind us and get back to catching the bad guys and just having fun!
X2 !
Old 05-16-2010, 01:39 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Hey Tom here is an idea......

How bout making a sticky thread for people to add the names of people that are good or great sellers and have another sticky thread that people can add the names of scammers and thier other names on RJ?

We can have it set up so that only a mod can add names to the list after we figure out if they are a scammer or not that way peoples name wouldnt be trashed when they are actually a good guy.

Anybody else think that this is a good idea??
I think this would be a great idea, having a mod only adding names to A bad sellers list would separate the buyers remorse & rock throwing out of it and keep it strictly to actual thief's. this moderator who ever it would be should be kept anonymous as to protect the saftey & keep this moderator un bias do to threats from scammers, remember were dealing with criminals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -