Any special tricks with edelbrock carb?????

Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
shortysracing
APPRENTICE

Default Any special tricks with edelbrock carb?????

Anyone know any special tricks to do with the edelbrock 750 performer carb. wanting to get the most power out of this carb. I know i need a holley but dont have one at the moment.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Any special tricks with edelbrock carb?????

Originally Posted by shortysracing
Anyone know any special tricks to do with the edelbrock 750 performer carb.
They make good boat anchors.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Any special tricks with edelbrock carb?????

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by shortysracing
Anyone know any special tricks to do with the edelbrock 750 performer carb.
They make good boat anchors.
I wasn't going to say that, but the few I've seen ran like a tuna boat!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Got a EDL 650 on my SBC in a 75 chev 4wd. Damn, I hate to say it.... but now I really miss that greasy Quadrajet that leaked & had a stuck float!!! LOL!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i know im kinda late postin on this but i aint been here in awile. i have switched most of my cars over to edelbroke.with all my holleys , ive had to keep adjusting them . bought a car with edelbroke on it and i set it and that was it.but all my engines are for high power street not pure drag cars.with a holley i could dial them in but the edelbrokes we just had to set them the best we could.i quess im sayin is that to race i want holley for street ill take the other.besides, edelbroke is prettier.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

For a hotord street motor i use edelbrock for the ease of tuning and no problems.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:59 PM
JeffB28
SHOW GUEST

Default Edelbrock/AFB Carbs

They are an EZ Carb to work with,Carbs are like women some guys think Blondes are better in the sheets some guys like Redheads ,in Carbs you have Edelbrocks and Holleys, to help you tune the Edelbrock or AFB click on this: http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...etor/index.php
Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
smoken69
SHOW GUEST

Make sure your float level is write on for starters, there always off out of the box, I think they bend in shiping. Jetting is a breeze, follow there jetting book, its very easy to pick your main jet & metering rod combination from the graph, Edlebrock also offers a high flow needle & seat. The carbs due work well, they just get a bad rap because they are not tuned like a Holley
Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
jeepfreek
SHOW GUEST

Spend a couple bucks and do an O2 sensor in the exhaust with a digital gauge from either Jegs or Summit. Set the timming to best vacume at idle, this will need a good timming light with dwell. Follow what everybody else and your carb jet chart says to get a good baseline and when thats set just follow what the O2 sensor says to get best lean! I did this before taking my Jeep to the dyno shop and they spent an hour trying to get it better but ended up with my settings in the end, proof that it works I guess?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Throw it in the garabge :!: And i don't mean that towards you personally in any way :!: :!:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -