Has any body on here built a Suncoast 63 Vette?

Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Has any body on here built a Suncoast 63 Vette?

I've been kicking this around a while, I've always wanted a 63 split window Vette Prostreet ride . I want to start out with an "almost roller" set up with the body and doors mounted, assorted mounts already installed, brake lines, etc. I will use the standard 63 Vette body, not the Pro Mod version. I want to build something capable of running Super Pro at the drag strip but then have the ability to be driven on the street on the weekends or on cruise nights. I figure I'll use a pump gas motor between 540 and 632 cubes and a glide and try to build it the rest of the way with as many stock Vette components as it will accept, trying to make it look like the real deal complete with badging, the whole 9 yards. I figure the tricky part is going to be getting the head light assembly in it. From what I have read on their website most of the components for the doors and interior will work. I also wanted to incorporate lexan windows but I want the door windows to crank up and down if possible. If I can get the components to do so, I may even put A/C in it as well. It's all just a dream right now, but these cars have to start somewhere.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

IMO Don't even use suncoast bodies They suck and don't fit for shit.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 AM
mtheulen
JOURNEYMAN

X2! The money and time you will waste on there bodies, can be spent towards a better body
Mike