A little help from you ford or Chrysler people

Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default A little help from you ford or Chrysler people

A couple yrs ago i purchased a set of Isky redzone roller lifters, they were supposed to be for a sm/blk chevy, but the tiebar is too short for a chevy lifter bore spacing. I'm needing to know the lifter bore spacing on a sm/blk ford and a crysler, so i know what these lifters fit. Obviously i can measure a chevy, but i'm not a Ford or Chrysler person. The lifters are for a .842 bore. I want too list these on ebay but i want too be honest when i list them.

Thanks in advance,

Zip.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I just so happen to have a 5.0 Ford that I'm in the process of building now. I just measured it with some digital calipers and it looks like the lifter bore is .875 diameter and the bore spacing is 1.740 center to center. So it doesn't look like those are going to be for a SBF.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Chuck,
Is that a hydraulic roller blk, like a newer 302. I'm just wondering if the early 289's and 302's also have .875 lifter bores. I know the early rocker arms interchange.
I'm really confused on these lifters that i have the tiebar buttons have vertical flats so the bars can be changed, so i guess my best option would be to buy a set chevy tiebars from Isky in order to use/sell this lifter set.

Thanks again for checking.

Zip.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

This one is the hyd roller block but the lifter bore is the same as the older non-rollers. On the later style blocks the lifter bore is taller and it has provisions for the tie bar retainer to bolt to.

I looked up the lifter diameter specs for the 1990 318/360 Dodge and according to Mitchell the lifter diameter for those is .9035-.9040. I don't have any info for the earlier version.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I just ran across an old compcams catalog with specs in the back. The only applications for a .842 lifter diameter I see in it is all GM. SBC and BBC, Holden, Olds & Pontiac. Maybe those are for one of the other GM brands?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep i just found it also, the comp cams page shows all the lifter sizes and i'm now starting to think these are comp lifters with a bad set of tie bars, they are .100 shorter when spread out than any other set of sm/blk lifters i have in the shop (out of 5 sets) Go figure i guess i'm just unlucky, the good thing is i can buy the tie bars seperately and they are removable.

Thanks for you time Chuck

Zip.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Zip,I have a set of both Comp and Red Zone sbc lifters.The comp tie bar will come off by turning the lifter 90 deg and just removing it,The Isky looks like you would have to grind the flatened end of the bolt and then remove it with an allen.The comps all the way spred apart are 1.700 centers on the tie bar button head bolts.If another masurement will help let me know.Bill
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wmeabates
Zip,I have a set of both Comp and Red Zone sbc lifters.The comp tie bar will come off by turning the lifter 90 deg and just removing it,The Isky looks like you would have to grind the flatened end of the bolt and then remove it with an allen.The comps all the way spred apart are 1.700 centers on the tie bar button head bolts.If another masurement will help let me know.Bill
Thanks i got it worked out, funny thing these lifters only spread 1.625. According to comp cam website there is one block that has 1.525 lifter bore ctrs. although i don't know which blk that is. I'll just get a new set of tie bars and move them.

Zip.