watch out for mark anderson

Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default watch out for mark anderson

i got ripped off along with another member from a guy named mark anderson who lives at 711 e. 3rd ,monroe michigan 48161. we belong to the h-body site(vega monza) and this guy is a member and took our money in march and april of this year and never sent the goods, and does not and will not respond to messages sent to him through our forum private mail section. we contacted him to buy through that site, so he has no excuse that he didnt get out messages. sounds like a crook to me. just a warning in case he is on this site under some assumed name. i paid with postal money order. any one have any good suggestions how i can go after him either through post office or his local law enforcement. thanks chevy art
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Do both contact the post office with your copy of the money order and start a claim and contact his local PD and file charges. Put some pressure on him don't let him rest till you get your parts or some justice.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about this Art. I hope you did not loose too much... although loosing anything due to a scammer is unacceptable. I am thinking if it is worth your time, I would use some of the methods that Scorp has mentioned. 1st gather facts & info. You have his address & name. Now I would go find out where he works, or who he works for. No one wants a collector calling their work... much less a phone call to the scammers manager or boss. You can cause him much pain if you know where he works. 2. What about outstanding warrants & unpaid collections? Maybe this guy owes child support too... not surprising if he is a crook. So, these are a few tools to get him to "cooperate" with you so you do not expose him. I think you should do some fact finding & internet searches to find every detail you can about him first before you pin him down. Scoot
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default scammer mark anderson

thanks beast and rigsby. lost $100 and the other guy lost $50. i am on the case tomorrow and will be doing as both of you guys suggested. i will not let this go. im more upsert that i didnt get the bushings i wanted. i appreciate your speedy help. i will keep you guys posted as to how i make out thanks art
Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default got my parts

one of the guys on the h-body forum knew mark anderson and went to house and spoke to him. i got my parts friday, as promised art deal time and the other fellow is getting his next week. says lost addresses and computer broke down. maybe the dog ate the paper with the addresses. alls well now thanks guys for support art
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Glad it worked out. 8)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good news Art. Glad it worked out. Scoot