Thread: Rear mounted radiator in pickup truck-NHRA legal?

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Rear mounted radiator in pickup truck-NHRA legal?

I am planning to run a rear-mounted radiator in my other turbocharged truck project. This will be a street/strip only truck, not building it for a particular class, just to run on test and tunes and whatnot. Does anyone know if this will typically pass tech? Fwiw, I will be plumbing with nhra certified -16 hose.

I have seen trucks built in the past run these, but I am curious about this.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I've seen trucks like that at Gateway. If Big Al passes them, they are probably ok anywhere.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion
    I've seen trucks like that at Gateway. If Big Al passes them, they are probably ok anywhere.
    That's good to know, that is where I would be running it. I read in my NHRA rulebook, under general regulations, that the radiator must be mounted in stock location, this is why I was concerned.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    e mail your div tech guy, and tell him what you plan on doing and see what he has to say, I have asked our div 6 tech guy many, and many questions, and he has always helped me alone the way