Wheeler Products

Old 04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
supersmurf666
CRAFTSMAN

Default Wheeler Products

has anyone ran or run wheeler products?does anyone no anything about them?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:29 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

I have a Wheeler SBC intake manifold (simular to a Super Victor air-gap) that was on a used engine I bought. The overall casting is good, however, I had to do "a lot" of port-matching to get the intake ports to match-up with a FelPro 1206 gasket. The ports were undersize and some off-set, although, there was enough aluminum in the casting to match each port to the 1206 gasket.

After putting all that hard work into the port matching, I decided to run the Wheeler intake for awhile. I'm probably more proud of my port-matching then the intake its self, but would still rather have a Super Victor.

Warren
Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Warren,
Here is a thread on 1320techtalk on the super victor that might interest you.

http://1320techtalk.com/viewtopic.ph...t=super+victor
Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by doorracer
Warren,
Here is a thread on 1320techtalk on the super victor that might interest you.

http://1320techtalk.com/viewtopic.ph...t=super+victor
Curtis,

Thanks for the information on the 2925 Victor and how much the rework improved performance. And, I'm sure the Victor is much better than the Wheeler I currently have (I only port-matched it)

Also, my Dart Pro-1 230s have not been ported (out of the box), I bought them bare and built them up myself.

My car is really flying now with the new engine, 9.14 @ 148.7 (5.80s 660)!!! And, that is with the wheeler intake I port-matched myself. So, I'm really close to 8s with my current set-up. Also, I'm still a little lean, so I'm jetting it up for this weekend's race and it ran the 9.14 in 2470 DA.

So, possibly next season I'll get me a new Victor, then have Lloyd Elliott down at Red Oak Texas do both the heads and intake for me. You may not know of Lloyd, but he is really big in the GM LSX and LTX performance world and is a really good friend of mine. He redid my ARF-195s on my Camaro and his work looks very good. He also has TrickFlows old flow bench in his shop.

http://elliottsportworks.com/

So, with the head and intake work and a vacuum pump (currently have the collector vac tubes), the car should run consistent 8.90s. I may put the vacuum pump on this season.

Warren