To all my friends....

Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default To all my friends....

To all my friends:

Have a great Easter. On this day, remember that we are all brothers/sister's in gear-headedness. It is because our father paid the bill for our shortcoming's... so that we can chase torque & speed. You guy's are all great friens & I wish you the best on this day.

I have had some much needed time off/away. Went to the "Running Y Ranch" in Oregon w/my family recently. I rode motorcycles, watched Eagles fly, & did not even take a cell phone. Have gotten re-aquanted w/ my 69 Camaro too... for the first time, I had fun redoing some AN's for a new fuel system.

Last Monday, I was driving my wifes Tahoe & an old lady hit me pretty hard (luckily I was alone). She T-boned the side of a newer Tahoe. I took this shaken up elderly woman out to dinner nearby. We became friends. She treated me like a grandson. I called her the next day to check in on her & she died shortly after that. I guess she had a blood clot & took her down some how. She was a WW2 Survivor from East Berlin. Anyways, weird things happen to me. I mention this because on my time off, this was the only thing that was tough. This lady was a believer; she had no idea that she had less than 48 hours to live when I meant her. I was glad though; as she had no family here & she needed a friend. I am convinced everthing happens for a reason... even though I am not sure about this encounter which seemed somewhat surreal.

Anyways, bless you all & I have missed being here. Scooter
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Thoughts and prayers for both of ya, Scoot.

Earl
Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter,
what a story, it must have been fate that put you two together in the last days of her life here on earth. I am sure she enjoyed the short amount of time she spent with you.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Scooter,
what a story, it must have been fate that put you two together in the last days of her life here on earth. I am sure she enjoyed the short amount of time she spent with you.
x2
Old 04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

godspeed rigs, amen brother :wink:
Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Scooter,
X3
Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

From my crew chief and I, Thank you for sharing this with us. Very touching....Bless you both.....
Old 04-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Gents. I think that was the last conversation she may have had... cool lady.

Everything good w/ you guys?? Everybody still alright?

I am at the point of either ditching my return line to my new fuel system or using it. It is all plumbed in, but I wonder if I should just do the bypass... I have heard so many pro's & con's. On a car that will see the strip less than the street, I wonder what the right thing is??? 950 Holley/Black FP, 10AN to 8 & one filter by tank (Mallory). I guess I should have gone to the Fuel part of the forum. ops: you think it will load up on low end??? Scoot
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scoot,
My last 2 street/strip and my last all out drag car had return lines, I seemed to have less loading up and fouling issues. 2 of my previous cars did not have return lines and I spent a lot of time pulling plugs to either clean or change them. it seems to make your fuel pump last a little longer also since the pump isnt under such a strain during low fuel consumption.
I on the other hand have pretty much given up on street/strip backhalf cars and gone back to my roots. I sold the Camaro about 10 days a ago and picked up a cream puff from a very anal car collector. 1967 Firebird 326 HO with 57000 original documented miles, its an AC car that has had one repaint in its lifetime. The whole interior is 100% original and the only changes that have been made is when it was repainted in 1985 (its looks like it was repained last week!) they removed the vinyl top and added a 400 hood. This is my keeper, I will own this one till I die or someone offers me STUPID money for it!

Oh yeah and momma is happy cause now I have something that shes not afraid to drive!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

LOOKS SHARP !! :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -