Line Lock on Rear Brakes

Old 03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
jim383
JOURNEYMAN

Default Line Lock on Rear Brakes

just wondering if anyone has had this problem.My Altered has no front brakes,when i would lock the transbrake the car would move foward so i put a line lock on it so it wouldent move.now my reaction times go from 462 red to 560 green and never change my delay in the box.Im thinking that when i apply the line lock,I might be pushing the brake petal different each time,could this be making the brakes drag and causing my reaction time to be bad...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
oneowner73
JOURNEYMAN

Install a brake pressure gauge. I used one when I used to run super comp before the courtesy stage. Every one wanted to stage first so they could roll in a small amount. I would put about 350 lbs. on the rear brakes and bring the throttle up to make the car creep into the beams and nail the trans brake. Worked very well until we replaced the pads with metallic pads. They lacked cold holding power. If you could control the brake pressure you should be able to tighten up your reaction times.