Thread: 1971 or 1972 350 sbc?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

1971 or 1972 350 sbc?

Ok guys i have recently bout a 71 or 72 stock 350 sbc with a th400 tranny that came out of a c20 long bed pickup and am going to put it in a 1985 camaro and was wondering what kind of HP i can expect to the rear wheels and it is a POSI thanx to a mini spool nothing special just a lil toy. Just wondering what to expect in HP, and 1/8th mile times. thank you

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    all stock id say bout 150-190 horse at rear thats the first of smog motors and the fact that truck motors were not build fro factory with big preformace #'s
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    btw with 400 trans A.better have a yoke cause one from factory is diff B better plan on shortening drive shaft trucks have long tail shaft
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

thanx man just tryn to get it running planning on starting on the body work sometime in the next few weeks have all ready taken out the interior and everything looks good so thnx man for the info and also im wondering about the th400 cuz there was a shorter drive shaft in the back of it i hope i dont run into to many problems

A 85 Camaro has a torque arm. YOu better have an after market torque arm b/c the TH400 won't work as the stock TQ arm hooks to the tranny. and where did you get a mini spool to fit the 7.5 rear end or do you have a non-stock rear in it?

i havent got a mini spool yet i hope they make them for the camaro though

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    ur axles aint gonna last long with a spool, especially if ur plannin on goin around many corners lol