Simpson seat belt recertification feedback

Old 03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Simpson seat belt recertification feedback

I was recently disappointed by Simpson Satety Products Company. This is not a scam deal. Their products are top notch quality. This is only to alert others who may not be aware of Simpsons recertification policy.
My March 2008 Simpson Cam Lock seat belts are due for recertification. I contacted the company for how to send them back, the cost, and time required to get them back.
I was told that they have not done recertification since 2003. They only offer a trade in policy instead. 20% of $200? original cost is only $40.
So if you want to just about throw them away every 2 years and buy more from them, their your company. They are not my company anymore.
Anyone else have this happen and who else do you recommend? I may just buy some latch type anyway and not worry about recertification.
If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I think impact will take anyones in on trade for a big discount on a new set.

I just had my strouds re-tagged awesome to deal with
Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I bought new G-Force last summer for that very same reason, they are one of the few who does recertify, like Stroud.

I pulled this off google, something i did not know.

RECERTIFICATION

Recertify your SRP belts for $50.00. We will not recertify belts with hardware that is rusted or damaged to where we believe it will no longer operate properly. ( SFI -rules, state that a manufacture can only recertify there own belts.) SRP does offer a trade-in program. Bring in your non SRP belts for trade for a new set of SRP belts, for any type of belts you want.

I didn't know the SFI rule.

Zip.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Belts

I SECOND the G-FORCE Brand,been buying them for Years and dont think you can beat ther Deal!
Later
G 8)
Old 03-18-2010, 04:09 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I heard nobody recertifies belts. They re-web them. Your hardware with new belts.

I use the RCI Platnum series. They will reweb them 1 time for free. So it's kinda like being good for 4 years instead of 2. It cost me about $12 to ship them to them and I think it was $20 shipping and handling to get them back. Basically $32 for a new set.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:52 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...8203#436108203

Check out this topic, there is a post that Paul Schultz has done some calling and checking to get info. Looks like Crow will do other brands also, might be worth a shot ??

I've owned every belt you can own, the strouds are the easiest to adjust and latch. Also very light
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Belts

I have been very happy with Crow. Recert Cam Belts is only about $40. I have G-Force but recert is over $100. Crow's service is second to none. I shipped from Vegas Wed morn and got back Friday. They got them, re-webbed them same same and shipped right back. Great people
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Belts

Originally Posted by blownalky3
I have been very happy with Crow. Recert Cam Belts is only about $40. I have G-Force but recert is over $100. Crow's service is second to none. I shipped from Vegas Wed morn and got back Friday. They got them, re-webbed them same same and shipped right back. Great people
GREAT News!
Because of 2-Reasons?
1.I can buy Crow Locally here @ the CHASSIS Shop in Michigan.
2.I Need New Belts for my S10.
Is Sure is Great when a Plan comes together!
Where are they Located?
THANKS!
G 8)
Just pulled out mt Chassis Shop Catalog-Cam Lock Crow Belts 144.95
These are the Bolt in Style,is this Price in Line with what you Pay?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
mtheulen
JOURNEYMAN

I've used Stroud and Crow for the last 10 years.Crow is a Mom & Pop shop out of the LA area.Great people to deal with.Stroud's reputation in my opinion is second to none.Both companies will retag for a fair price. I would not consider buying any belt whose manufactuer does not retag.
BB CHEVY thought you went off and died or something! Nice to see you post
Mike
Old 03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Belts

They are located in Southern California. Fred Crow actually answers the phone a lot but all their staff are great to deal with. You can't beat their recert price and the turnaround time is great. Good Luck

Big Car 3" belts are $135 here I believe??? So you are in the ballpark

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Originally Posted by blownalky3
GREAT News!
Because of 2-Reasons?
1.I can buy Crow Locally here @ the CHASSIS Shop in Michigan.
2.I Need New Belts for my S10.
Is Sure is Great when a Plan comes together!
Where are they Located?
THANKS!
G 8)
Just pulled out mt Chassis Shop Catalog-Cam Lock Crow Belts 144.95
These are the Bolt in Style,is this Price in Line with what you Pay?