Mojave Mile report........

Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Mojave Mile report........

12 hours in the saddle on day one and 8 the second.
Rain, snow, sunshine and naturally the wiper motor pukes on the way down.
Blizzard conditions for a 5 mile stretch headed home and Grandpa driving at 5mph in 1st with the drivers window open and handswiping the windshield with a wiper arm in hand ! AHH ....reminds me of my youth !

Mojave; Between rain squalls, cold temps, and limited time we got 3 runs in.

#1- An easy pass of 121.1 as I'd put zero miles on this car since it was completed. Felt strong and stable at the top end.

My brother changed jets and squirters and found factory trash in one of the needle valves.
#2- Another easy pass at 131.8 to get more familiar and comfortable. Strong and stable.

Got down into the staging area and it wouldn't spin over fast enough to fire. Had been running on battery up to that point(alternator issues) so lost time towing back to the pit, charging batts and getting back in line.
#3- I left hard but missed the 1/2 shift, found 2nd after about 10 minutes and 300,000 yards, recovered and tripped the lights at 137.5. It was a solid 145 pass if I could've found 2nd ! I didn't build it to speed shift and goofed that stir stick. ops: ops: ops:

With more time, another jet change, and a good shift we are sure a pass of 150 is possible. Then a 200 mph pass on the salt would be within reach. If the car does not sell before August, we might take it B'ville if the funding is available.

All in all I'm VERY happy with the way the car felt during acceleration and more importantly, at high speed. My aero work on the body, WORKED !

During tech, we received a bunch of positive feedback from the tech guys and a few open road racing veterans, which made me feel pretty good about this hotrod Doba !

Big Red made the only 200 mph pass and IT WAS IMPRESSIVE to watch !! 1100 hp and hazing the tires at 150 plus ! A VERY historic car !
You Tube search for Mojave Mile to see video of it.

Below are some pics from our trip and Mojave Mile experience. We're still working up the in car camera footage, which I will post soon.
NOTE; ALL the video systems did not work so we got ZERO in car footage.... BUMMER DUDE !!

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...Mojave%20Mile/