Mini Spool for 8.5 chevy rearend????? what brand is better

Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Mini Spool for 8.5 chevy rearend????? what brand is better

Ok I am wanting to put a Mini Spool in my truck and i was wondering which brand is better Richmond or SummitRacing the Richmond is like a dollar higher but I have heard the SummitBrand is just as good and just a little cheaper but Richmond has a little better name to me. I dont know that much about either one of them i just want both wheels to spin and doing it cheap. What do you think help please.

heres a link to them
http://www.summitracing.com/compare.aspx
Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

by putting in a spool this truck is only going to be used on the strip, yes?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

yes! probably really cant afford to drive it around much it used to be my great grandfathers truck and has been passed down and it came out with a deisel and was replaced and now has a 350 tpi out of a 1988 formula firebird its not much but it really spins to much and i was wanting to take it to the dragstrip and see what it will run but with it spinning i know it will be a waste of money if it just spins. and a mini spool is just the cheapest way to put power to the ground without tearing anyhting up. I was just wanting a little input on which one would be better.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

both would work just fine. FOR THE STRIP ONLY!!the use of a spool on the street is extremely dangerous. if your going to drive it at all on the street go with a good posi. auburn, tru trac , etc.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

yea i'm eventually going to take the truck and fix it up a little more and just put it in car shows and race it a little but i have to find me a cheap truck or somthing first i really need to get something with better gas milage that truck likes to drink gas
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

reason for sucky milage is the gears after all trucks ar geared for hauling/pulling and thats want milage with those gears run an od tranny and a tru trac then have best of both worlds
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

a man told me to put 373 gears and a mini spool and id do pretty good idk though and another man told me to get rid of the 700r4 and get a th350 or th400 but again idk what to do and am trying to figure out tha best routes to go some ppl tell me different things and dont really know which 1 to listen to. can yall tell me wats better to do? id really like your opinions
Old 03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

3.73s with that trans but not a spool go with true trac it like the old limited slips but better. youll be able to cruise and race too
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

ok i thnk about it idk what to do yet seeing im broke just bout it