WARNING ABOUT EAGLE CRANKS!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
kikgas01
APPRENTICE

Default WARNING ABOUT EAGLE CRANKS!

After only 150 miles mine started to hammer. Good thing I shut it off when I did!
My engine was brand new 440 stroked to a 500 with a EAGLE rotating assembly.......

Here is their response to me. They think it was broke prior to installation. They are calling their product JUNK!...........

That is a strange place for a crack to happen. Usually, cracks will originate in corners or other stress-concentration points. Heat-related fatigue due to improper oiling will not be a single crack. It will look more like a spider web around the entire journal. That could possibly have been there prior to installation. Was the crank turned or modified prior to installation? If you had noticed that before installation, we could have replaced it easily.

Also, if you wanted an 8-bolt flange, why didn't you order it with an 8-bolt flange (part number 444241506760)?

We have never had oiling issues with our Chrysler cranks before, so I do not believe it is a design problem.

Here is my 2 emails back to them.
email 1...
Of course it wasn`t that way prior to install. Why,should your crankshafts be broken prior to install? it was a BRAND NEW crank with 150 miles on it. Luckily I shut it off when it started to hammer or it would have ruined my entire engine.. I got by with a 3,700 dollar repair bill instead of having to buy another brand new 440 stroked to a 500.
email 2.....
I know another person who races 440`s and shelled 2 of them with Eagle cranks and guess what? It`s between 1 and 2 crank journal! Just like mine but over a little farther. If you don`t want to hear my concern that is fine. I have posted my problem on several websites with pics of it and can post the previous email about it possibly having a crack prior to installation if you want? I just wanted you to be aware of the problem and thought maybe I could be a asset to you, your company and your product just by checking your product against other products and comparing them so you could get a better product for the public but I don`t think you are interested. Thanks for responding anyway.
ALL I CAN DO IS WARN EVERYONE TO CHECK THEIR CRANKS FOR A CRACK BETWEEN 1 AND AND 2 JOURNAL ON THE CRANKSHAFTS!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have run nothing but Eagle stuff for many, many years from 600hp to over 1000hp applications on our race car. I have never had a bit of problem with the products and the customer service I get has always been 2nd to none.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

When i lived in Ms. around 2003, i had a friend with a 434" motor, break 2 4" cranks (same engine)on the 1-2 jurnal. Fortunately he caught both before the rest of the motor got trashed. 1 crank came out in 2 pcs. We only lived 45 min. from Eagle, they blamed it on a bad batch of heated cranks, but replaced both no questions ask. I've used Eagles for over 10 yrs. no problems. I've also been in their shop and they have improved in the last 5 or 6 yrs.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have run nothing but Eagle stuff for many, many years from 600hp to over 1000hp applications on our race car. I have never had a bit of problem with the products and the customer service I get has always been 2nd to none.
x2 here also .. 1000hp plus 250 hit of spray.

Id be talking to the shop who put it together and making them deal with Eagle if you call eagle and get it taken care of.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

could be a tad, too much hardening.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
kikgas01
APPRENTICE

EITHER WAY, THEY won`t do anything about it. You would think they would want to see it. Word of mouth can make or break ya as well as customer service. I know 3 people who won`t be buying Eagle crap now.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:47 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kikgas01
EITHER WAY, THEY won`t do anything about it. You would think they would want to see it. Word of mouth can make or break ya as well as customer service. I know 3 people who won`t be buying Eagle crap now.
Again if you had a engine shop stick it together .. talk to them also
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Centerline wheels suck too.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Centerline wheels suck too.
lol lol lol
Old 02-25-2010, 08:02 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Why was the engine pulled apart at 150 miles? That crack did not make it loose oil pressure. Was the end of the crank wobbling? Or was it 600 1/4 mile passes that add up to 150 miles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -