Thread: staging lane chip system

staging lane chip system

Can anyone please explain the staging lane chip system ? i just started drag racing last season and I don't under stand when the official is pulling chips out of the pouch and assigning lane choice ? I was actually put at the back of line at one event for moving up in an empty lane which we were encouraged to use . I'm just trying to not make the same mistakes .

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: staging lane chip system

Quote Originally Posted by whosyurdaddy
    Can anyone please explain the staging lane chip system ? i just started drag racing last season and I don't under stand when the official is pulling chips out of the pouch and assigning lane choice ? I was actually put at the back of line at one event for moving up in an empty lane which we were encouraged to use . I'm just trying to not make the same mistakes .
    A lot of tracks pull chips, but I can say a lot of tracks do it totally different you need the track offical to explain it to you the best before 1st round next time

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    My track uses playing cards. 4 staging lanes each lane is assigned a suit spade,club,heart,diamond. First card pulled races second card pulled. We had used the same system for first round byes so if you went to the empty lane usually lane 1 by us, you had a 25% chance of a bye. Now we run the bye off the best reaction time in the second round of qualifying. Not sure if your chips are marked with lanes. I am sure this was of no help but i am curious how other tracks do it...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Yeah mine uses playing card's high card get's lane choise :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

''I AM NOT GRUMPY UNLESS YOU MAKE ME THAT WAY''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    It's always best to ask, but thats a new one on me.

I've been to tracks where they pair cars up after the 4th or 5th round with best reaction time getting lane choice.

The track I currently race at uses playing cards to determine the bye run in the later rounds, usually starting in the 5th.
    All bye run candiates draw a single card, high card getting the bye.
    I've never had much luck at getting that elusive HIGH card, I usually draw a 2 or 3 :shock: :evil:

Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***